+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ExGirlfriend running hot and cold sending mixed signals

ExGirlfriend running hot and cold sending mixed signals

We broke up technicaly i broke up with her ,but she did the whole treat you badly till you break up routine. Her friends think she can do better .I have a bachelors in psychology . She is phd canidate and i am trying to fuffill my child support obligations from a previous relationship in a dead end stressful job that i have had for 13 years . I think this was a cause of major relationship stress as she did not see me as trying to improve myself especialy latley .

In any event she invited my to her amture play . I went and watched her play early in december . . She invited me to christmas dinner . A few weeks later i took her to a company party . We had sex . I thought it meant something and probaly projected that to her . She got cold and aloof . 4 days later she texted me twice to come to her chrismas dinner she gave a mug . I had a phone call she said that she wants to hear from me phone cll wise but is goiong to be busy working on some phd classes over the next 6 weeks but wants to remain in contact .

I want her back . I am concerned that i am projecting neediness to her though . She said wants lines of communication open . I was hoping for advice on how to remain in contact without appearing needy or desparate .

It sounds like she is using you to fill the gap... I'm so sorry to be blunt and I know that hurts. But if she really loves and cares for you, you'd know it without a doubt. If you were an important part of her life, she's make time for you despite her busy schedule. I am sorry to hear that you are stuck in a deadend job. Maybe you can try to set up some kind of online business at your free time (since she is away anyways). I find that really helps me to keep my sanity... And also, keep your heart open for other opportunity. Hang in there. I had just gone through something similar...

You got cheated. leave her and move in the other side of your life.

Wait until she graduates and has all those jobs just falling into her lap, and she might be a bit more understanding. Graduate students are just the most obnoxious people on earth. Let her come to you. That's how you don't project neediness. White-knuckle it if you have to, but do it.