+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you wear a 'promise' ring?

Would you wear a 'promise' ring?

My boyfriend is hesitant to take a job which would involve touring america for four months because he would be leaving me behind. I've been thinking about getting rings made for us, just so he has something he doesn't have to take off when he's working (as a sound engineer) and to remind him of me etc
    Just more of a thoughtful gift than a 'pre-engagement ring'

would you wear one? Is it weird for me, as the girl, to get him this?
    help!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Promise rings are for high school girls born in the 50s. Also, they were given to girls by boys, not the reverse.

If you want to get him a gift, then get him one, but don't call it a promise ring, or he'll be required to cut his balls off and hand them over to you on a platter.
    Last edited by vashti; 07-01-13 at 01:51 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Promise rings... platter.
    isn't the point of the "ask a male forum" to get a MALE's opinion on w/e subject.

that sound like teenagers.
    how old r u?

he really likes u, he will not forget u anyway.

A ring is a useless hunk of metal. If he's important to you then he won't forget. Sounds a bit juvenile to me. And if he did want to shag his way around the states for 4 months a ring wouldn't stop him would it?

My hubby won't even wear a wedding ring. He says that rings are annoying.

For how long have you been together?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey2Virtue View Post
    isn't the point of the "ask a male forum" to get a MALE's opinion on w/e subject.
    It might be the point, but no one (except newbies) looks at the individual forums; we just hit the "new posts" button, and all the new threads pop up.

Clearly, I hit a sore spot for you, though. You might not like what I said, but it's the truth.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Personally, I would not want to wear a ring. I would feel obligated to accept it, but it isn't something I would want.
    You said you wanted to get it for him to remind him of you while he's working. It's alright if he's thinking about his job while he's working, right? You can talk to him through email, by phone, over facebook, whatever you like. Maybe even ask if you should visit him sometime (I don't know if that's feasible). But he sounds like a pretty nice guy, he won't forget you. If you really want to give him something give him something he won't feel obligated to wear all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Perhaps View Post
    Personally, I would not want to wear a ring. I would feel obligated to accept it, but it isn't something I would want.
    You said you wanted to get it for him to remind him of you while he's working. It's alright if he's thinking about his job while he's working, right? You can talk to him through email, by phone, over facebook, whatever you like. Maybe even ask if you should visit him sometime (I don't know if that's feasible). But he sounds like a pretty nice guy, he won't forget you. If you really want to give him something give him something he won't feel obligated to wear all the time.
    I don't wear my wedding ring either. It's annoying and I lost my first surfing. It's kept in a safe place and wear for special occasion

Quote Originally Posted by FoodFoodFood View Post
    My boyfriend is hesitant to take a job which would involve touring america for four months because he would be leaving me behind. I've been thinking about getting rings made for us, just so he has something he doesn't have to take off when he's working (as a sound engineer) and to remind him of me etc
    Just more of a thoughtful gift than a 'pre-engagement ring'

would you wear one? Is it weird for me, as the girl, to get him this?
    help!
    Are you sure it's not a " you better not cheat or ill cut your nuts off" ring?

Some women will find your guy more attractive if he is wearing a ring.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

Clearly, I hit a sore spot for you, though. You might not like what I said, but it's the truth.
    lol
    not really, the commitment matters more than any jewelry or paper.
    I just find it a little annoying when someone posts something that I would really like to see what the guys have to say about it & a bunch of girls answer.
    Last edited by Journey2Virtue; 09-01-13 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey2Virtue View Post
    I just find it a little annoying when someone posts something that I would really like to see what the guys have to say about it & a bunch of girls answer.
    Boisdevie, surfhb2, Vincenzo and Perhaps are guys, and they all told you they don't think a "promise ring" is a good idea.

As your name is FoodFoodFood, you could get him a doughnut?

What's the promise? I think it's a cute idea. How serious is it with you two, and how long have you been together?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast