+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He turned his friends against me

He turned his friends against me

I dated/hung out with this guy for like a month over half a year ago. He ended it because he just happened to live 4 hours away and did not want to put the effort in. He, in general, was not the type to commit and would always go to whatever is the better option for him (whether it is me or his friends). He would sometimes ditch me to hang out with them. Right before he left school for the semester, I told him I did not want to talk to him all summer because it was too mentally exhausting. He respected that, but it only lasted a month. We both confessed we missed one another and talked more over the summer. I ended up dating someone new during that time.

As the school year arrived, he started talking to me less. Whenever he would drive to campus from home, he said he wanted to see me, but when the time came, he acted as if we never talked about it, go hang out with his friends, and he was not even happy to see me. By the time the semester arrived, we stopped talking.

We are in the same student group (how we met) and now in the same job as teacher assistants for a class for freshmen. During this semester, I would only see him every week at meeting but we would not even acknowledge one another and I even lost my friends I met through him, which I know is quite normal to occur.

This past week, for our job, we have to go to biweekly meetings and I had to go to his. He wrote a tweet that it is weird going to a work meeting with his ex and should not date a co-worker again.

When I saw that, I was thinking he should not even worry about it since it was so long ago and we did not even date very long. He is a 'supposed' devout Christian, is not very experienced and has never had a girlfriend before either. I do not even consider him my ex!

Also, I noticed throughout the semester that his friends gave me really nasty faces. I hung out with them a lot when we were together, but once the semester occurred it was like it never happened. Like during our annual banquet we have, none of his friends talked to me, no one wanted to take pictures with me, nothing! It was all a popularity contest and people think he is the nicest person in the world but no one would have guessed that he could treat someone as bad as he did to me. It was all an act. Also, during finals week, I was talking to a guy who is also in the student group. the guy i dated was studying with a girl. he would not even come up to us but she just started talking to the guy i was talking to and she would not even acknowledge that I was there. I mean I stopped going to a weekly karaoke hang out because of him and I know it would be a bad experience. Why has he made people not want to talk to me?

Quote Originally Posted by yoyobabe01 View Post
    Why has he made people not want to talk to me?
    Because he's a douchebag. I didn't see anything about what exactly he said to make others have this negative view of you, but it doesn't sound like the truth matters much in this situation. If they're all closer to him, they'll side with him no matter what he makes up about you...so I'd just leave it.

You sound like you're in college. If your campus is medium or large sized, then there should be a good amount of other groups of people to associate with, many of whom will not know him or his friends. Make some friends of your own, and completely cut contact with the guy.