+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When being the "perfect" guy apparently isn't good enough

When being the "perfect" guy apparently isn't good enough

So, I'm extremely new to forums and all of this, but I thought it'd be an interesting way of venting my absolute embarrassment of a love life and trying to feel just a tad better about it. So let's start off with a girl I loved more than anything, she was my world I honestly thought I'd be with her the rest of my life, I loved her family they loved me. We were perfect, couples wanted to be like us, they asked us tips and wanted us to help them through their problems (I'm not trying to brag but it was the perfect relationship) then out of no-where she became jealous to the point she couldn't even see me with another girl and a week later broke up with me. So now you know that, let me bring you to the current state, I'm still inlove with her beyond words, but like every shitty love story she has a new boyfriend that treats her like shit. Classic stuff eh? But I've met someone that I kind've have a thing for, buuuuut of course there's problems. This girl is honestly the female version of me, she's cute in that geeky sense, and I adore that about her we've got so much in common, I love her family and they love me but here's where things get complicated her ex boyfriend likes to pop into her life every so often and toy with her emotions bring her back into him and push me to the side so I'm kind've sitting here in the half friend-zone half crush phase and I honestly have no clue on how I feel about her, this situation or the fact I'm still in love with my ex. I'm one of those guys that actually wants a committed relationship, with those cute dates, hanging out in sweats eatting pizza watching movies, I LOVE being that cute boyfriend. I really just don't have a clue on how I should be anymore, and the worst thing about it all is my ex goes on about how she wishes we were still together, and how we were so perfect and would've had such a good future, and the girl I'm crushing on talks about how she adores me, and loves being with me, and how I'm that perfect guy. I honestly hate girls, and wish they'd stop with all this bullshit. I not trying to self worship but I know I'm a good guy, and I feel I deserve a good relationship, but in all honestly when I see douche bags get this fantastic girls it really annoys me being put in the friend zone each time I begin to develop feelings for someone.

That actually made me feel a whole hell'of a lot better, and if someone replied even with a bit of encouragement, or advice it'd really help

Sorry for the bible up there ^

Quick question, how old are you? People tend to often give in to having awful partners when they're young and inexperienced. The more mature somebody gets, the less likely they'll fall for it. So if you're young, don't worry - this pattern won't be plaguing your life forever.

I dated a guy a while back who was a total asshole for almost a year. People would always be baffled that I was still with him because everybody could see what an overall mean and abusive person he was. The thing about shitty partners is, they're usually pretty manipulative. They have a way of beating down the person's self esteem, convincing them they're inadequate, while simultaneously putting themselves forward as the only person around willing to deal with it. They get possessive with the relationship so that it starts to become co-dependent and have unhealthy attachment, meaning it's hard to totally get away from. Which might be the reason your new interest keeps going back to her ex. I can't say for sure, I don't know these people, just speaking from experience here.

As girls get older and gain more experience they start to learn to do what's actually best for them relationship-wise (guys too for that matter). These girls you know and their "bullshit" are just conflicted. It doesn't mean they're lying, it's just.. they see you're a great guy but are also tangled up in their respective crappy relationships which are harder to escape from than you think. Anyway, in the end, the good guys like yourself are the ones who come out on top. It just takes some time for women to realize it sometimes, and when you get older you'll for sure have better luck.

Jennifer took the words right out of my mouth.

Best of luck.