+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hardest decision I ever had to make (stay or leave)

Hardest decision I ever had to make (stay or leave)

Hello everyone
    I don't know who else in the world can help me with my dilema so I'm asking you:

I'm 27 years old male and I always dreamt of finding a love and finding a person I can share
    everything with and I was very lonely until about 1 year go, I finally found someone, she's 22
    and we spent the last year almost all the time together, and got to know each other quite well
    and we love each other (I guess.. who knows what love is really) . The problem is that we are
    very different and we fight constantly - mainly and especially when we are apart, I find her
    very dismissive towards me when she's not with me, when she has something else on her plate
    it feels like she doesn't find time for me and doesn't care really, when I confront her about
    it (I did many times) it leads to a fight and she claims I'm wrong, and it might lead later
    for her to give attention to me in a very "fake" way - like asking how's my day been but not really caring
    (I hope you understand what I mean), I know it sounds really clingy but I expect me girlfriend
    to care about me all time and to take real interest in what I'm going through as I will do the
    same, but with her it's a little bit superficial, I mean I know she doesn't mean bad it's just her
    character. This leads me to my dilema...I will find it very hard to seperate with her, I really
    gotten used to her and I never had something like that in my life and wanted it for so long..and
    who knows if I will get someone better..it's really hard for me..I hope someone can share some
    life experience that can help me.

Thank you for reading.

Google fusers and isolator relationships

You're right..you're being clingy and it's pathetic and it probably wears on her patience. I doubt she would care if you broke up with her.

If my husband wanted my undivided attention even when I "have things on my plate" (like work or other obligations) then I'd tell him to grow up and he'd tell me the same thing if the roles were reversed. How can you expect her to be attentive to you while she's working or taking care of obligations? Now if you expect her to be attentive to you 100% when she is out with friends/family then you are asking too much of her.

How is she with you when you are actually together?
    Do you feel you spend enough time with one another? If not, what do you think would be enough time?
    You say you argue a lot. Are these arguements always about her not being attached to you at the hip?

I ask all these questions because IMO, it's hard to discern (with what you've shared) if you're being a insecure, clingy gnat, or she's being a distant, cold shrew.

I would back off a bit and give her some space. As they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" so giving her some space and getting on with your life may make her think about you more in a positive light.