+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Girlfriend of 4.5 yrs cheated on me again dont know what to do

People suffer from broken hearts every day. Everyone gets over it differently, but only the weak go back on their actions. You will survive, go NC, count the days until you can't remember which day you're on. From there you'll be fine.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    so you would rather be getting some "action" from this girl who continually lies to you and cheats on you than be single and gain your independence back and wait til you meet someone who actually values and respects you as a person? makes sense...
    we broke uo and im not saying I prefer to be in a relationship with a cheater im say that I prefer to be in a relationship over being single that im the kind of person who like being in a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus943 View Post
    we broke uo and im not saying I prefer to be in a relationship with a cheater im say that I prefer to be in a relationship over being single that im the kind of person who like being in a relationship.
    Yes and in your case, it's called "fear of being alone" and when you fear being alone, you'll put up with the emotional abuse she flung onto you so that you don't HAVE to be alone. Work on you and forget about her.

The problem with loving too much.....once they know this ,they will take you for granted. I broke up with someone who means the world to me just 2 hours.same reasons as yours...lies after lies

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus943 View Post
    yes I think most people feel that way especially right after a break up because you are so used to being with someone, it's a big adjustment and trust me it sucks and hurts but you are better off. you will have time to heal, work on getting your life and independence back and then when it's time you will meet someone who will treat you with the respect and love you deserve, not some lying cheat

So its been a few days since we broke up. She has seen a doctor for some sleep tablets and other stuff and she has an appointment with a phychologist, she says she wants to change and hopes that one day we can get back together, I dont want to give her false hope because i want her to change for herself not for me.

Solidus, I read your story, and it lines up almost exactly with mine, except I didn't catch her in the act. I've only catch my girlfriend's text messages. We broke up after 4 years. You need to get away from her. I'm having a hard time getting over my girlfriend too.

OP - stay strong and do not go back on your decision to move on from this relationship. Maybe she will change...who knows? But, she needs to change on her own and separate from your relationship. She didn't respect you or your relationship enough to remain faithful.

I know how hard it is to get away from someone...you love her and probably think in some way that your love is stronger b/c you can forgive her for the cheating. But, cheating is lying and how can anything be real, trusted or depended on when your relationship is a lie? It's just not a healthy situation and you will get nowhere in life is you choose to live within lies. You will not grow as a person. I have a "friend" who I once loved, and he chose a different woman. I recently found out that she is cheating on him with his friend. I don't think he has any idea, but it's the reality he has chosen to live in. Other people can see her ways...but for some reason he can't let go of her. It's all very unhealthy and sad...of course it makes me feel a little better but at the end of the day liars attract liars. You have been lying to yourself...and in return your ex lied to you.

When does it get better

That depends on you. Me personally it's best to close this chapter of your life and move on.

This is not love when it hurts this much. She has no respect for you and she will continue to treat you this way as long as you let her. Nobody deservrs to be treated this way it is wrong and i really think you need to walk away. She could end up giving u an std or wat if she gets pregnant and u dont no if the baby is yoirs or not. U will find someone better who has more self respect and more respect for you but first you need to get out of this relationship. Time is a great healer and with no contact you can grieve the loss and become a stronger person. Best of luck to you xx

Also you keep talking about change. That is delusional. I am sorry OP but people like this do not change. She is destructive and it doesnt matter how attractive you are, how well you treat her, how good you are in bed etc.. She is insecure with low self esteem and her sole missipn in life is to seduce as many men as she possibly can in order to make herself feel more attractive. Sex is just a game to her and it always will be. I have a friend just like her and i no what im talking about. You ca.nt ever have a healthy relationship with someone like this. She doesnt like herself and is unhappy and nothing you do or say will change that. Women like hher are extremely manipulative and there is a hidden agenda behind everything she does. She is fake. Dont fall for the crocodile tears or her lies. The only reason i keep this friend close is because i would rather have her as a friend then an enemy but i dont trust her at all and avoid her as much as possible. Ypu should run as fast as u can and dont look back. When u are ready u can meet a women who has high self esgeem and she will never hurt you and im sure you wont hurt her either. Then u will no wat love is xx

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234