+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I give her the picture I drew of her??????

Should I give her the picture I drew of her??????

There is a girl who I like quite a lot. I know that she likes me too. I knew her as an acquaintance when I lived in the same city as her and I always had a certain affinity for her (she captured my attention from day one!), but I had a girlfriend at the time so I never shared with her how I feel about her. Now my gf and I have broken up and I've moved to another city--not at all close by. Since I can't see her in person, she and I have been communicating very often via email and I've told her how beautiful I think she is. I sent her some photos of myself and she replied and sent me 5 photos of her. One pic in particular is amazingly beautiful and I've told her so. She was flattered. So last night I was killing some time and pulled up that photo of her and sketched it. I think it turned out pretty well--it's not an exact likeness but I don't think she would be offended by that, it certainly doesn't make her look unattractive! I'd like to take a photo of the drawing and email it to her, and tell her that her image was so beautiful it inspired me to draw her.

Do you think that would be weird or creepy? After all it's not like I went and found a facebook pic of her--she sent me the photo of her in the first place?

Or do you think that since we're not dating it would be weird?

Or do you think I should ask her permission to sketch her and then send the drawing in a few days? I'm inclined to not take this route because I'd like it to come across as the result of a spontaneous inspiration rather than a premeditated, focused effort. I think she might be flattered that she inspired me to draw her face. What do you think?

I look forward to all your responses!

Of course....send it. I assume this is the first move in asking her out?

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Of course....send it. I assume this is the first move in asking her out?
    I think it will lead to that eventually. I will occasionally fly back to her city for work and can see her there. I'm ultimately trying to build a friendship with her first, but I've been very open about my feelings--that they are more than platonic. And she has replied with the same sentiments, so hopefully she will just be flattered that she inspires my creativity in this way. Like a muse.

Isn't that what a relationship is? It's a friendship

Stop the " I just want to be friends first" BS. Because that's not what you ultimately want to begin with. In other words. ...don't drag your heels too much

Isn't that what a relationship is? It's a friendship

Stop the " I just want to be friends first" BS. Because that's not what you ultimately want to begin with. In other words. ...don't drag your heels too much
    I really didn't wait long to make the decision to send it to her. Which I did. And she loved it and printed it, hung it on her wall, and emailed me back within a few hours and sent me a photo of the printed drawing hanging on her wall. So I suppose the likeness was flattering. And that it was a good idea to send it. Scored some major points here!

Quote Originally Posted by lorne guyland View Post
    I really didn't wait long to make the decision to send it to her. Which I did. And she loved it and printed it, hung it on her wall, and emailed me back within a few hours and sent me a photo of the printed drawing hanging on her wall. So I suppose the likeness was flattering. And that it was a good idea to send it. Scored some major points here!
    Huge points! Now CALL her and ask her for a date

Huge points! Now CALL her and ask her for a date
    Done and done. All things moving in the right direction! Thanks again for your replies...