+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you make of this girl?

What do you make of this girl?

Met in a class last semester. She missed the first two real days of class since she was on vacation; naturally looks for a person to get her caught up. Somehow that ends up being me and my hypothesis is: she looked for a nerdy guy to influence to give her answers, practically do all the studying for her and manipulate for emotional support on days where she's feeling low. The day we formally introduced ourselves to each other, she writes her full name, phone number, e-mail and asks me to add her on FB using said e-mail.

I followed up by doing that (I thought her attractive since the orientation/Day 1 but was extremely wary; why would an attractive girl sincerely want anything to do with me except to use me?). Mind you, the entire time I never believed for an instant that she genuinely cared about anything I said over the course of FB tutoring which sometimes splintered into casual conversation (what I thought extremely suspicious was her way of expressing "gratitude" by punctuating the end of each session with 3 each time we had a session which numbered a few) and times where she revealed rather personal things including issues with a then BF (predicted that would happen from Day 1;was in it to help and also the tiny ulterior motive was using her as a springboard to meet other girls which only happened once but whom I've not seen since). She invites me to meet up a few times; one was a study session, the other two times for casual hangout which she flaked on both times.

She then ditches a few other class days, including once to buy a new car. I didn't offer to keep her up to date having seen that. Here's where she's pretty erratic and the thing I'm most interested in hearing some feedback about: compulsively Deactivates FB, activates it again, etc. to a hilariously obsessive degree. She also milks her good photos for more compliments and Likes (one of which has over 130+ now from her tactic of strategically switching between her best). Also talks a TON about getting drunk, utterly wasted, blacking out..

So yes, my experience from prior has taught me to never trust a girl. I always assume they have no interest, since it's much safer and probably almost certainly true.

*Extra question added on edit: Do you think there's a chance she might have liked me but I blew it because of a defense mechanism?
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 14-01-13 at 12:10 PM.

I think she just sees you as a friend. Why so bitter, though? Do you think that all girls who want to be friends with you are heartless as*holes? Just because someone isn't interested in you doesn't mean that you can't "trust" her.

How about you ask her to set you up with a cute single friend of hers?

I usually assume so, since it makes sense: what else could they possibly want with an unattractive guy?

I just told you: to be friends.

Have you asked her to set you up with one of her friends yet?

Nope. She's popular, therefore she probably only knows superficial, party types.

On a somewhat related note, I HAD thought about starting a match.com profile....

She is an attention whore like most of those bimbos are. At a very young age she has leaned that her good looks opens doors for her, and as time went on realized that mixing it with a little manipulation gets her even more. But a lot of these girls have a dark side...they are very insecure, so there is always a need for reassurance by having constant attention from others.

Since you knew the type and her motive for approaching you, why even bother contact with her? Should have rejected her and be a little douchy after you got her email and shit by going flaky on her....she probably would have fallen for you.

I have very few contacts these days. Now the rate at which I get to go out with friends is nearing once a month, down from once every 2-3 weeks. At least getting some correspondence from a crazy girl means getting some mail; otherwise, it's an extremely quiet life.

Except on here lol