+ Follow This Topic

Thread: disastrous break ups or first date fiascos

disastrous break ups or first date fiascos

Hello everyone on Love Forum,

I have been searching high and low on the internet for something like this, and hopefully I have lucked out.

I am 33 and single. In the last 5 years I have noticed that my friends / acquaintances are either happily married, unhappily single, or going through a break up. I came up with an idea (which I am sure is not that brilliant!) of compiling a number of "disastrous breakups" in order to cheer people up (that is the intent!!)

What I am hoping from people on this forum is to have your break up story emailed directly to me. I am hoping to receive a fair number because I want to be able to "catalog" it (i.e male / female, hilarious / not so funny, etc.)

I am also interested in hearing first time date fiascos. The funnier the better.

If I am not in the right forum for something like this, please tell me, and I will continue my search on the huge world wide web! If I am successfull in gathering a number of stories, and people are interested in receiving the whole document, please advise and I'll be happy to share.

AND ... if anyone wants to hear one of my disastrous break ups that will have you in stitches, let me know, it'll take a bit of time to type it up, but I'm more than willing to share.

Thank you for your time,

Marion
    Marion

This is just for you personally? Or are you from some so called tv show?
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

dude ...

what u r asking for is a piece of someones life ... now when u phrase it like "catalog" .... it doesnt make that much sense .... other people's breakups and first-date disasters dont cheer up anybody trust me ...

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

I'll respond to both threads at once. No, I am not from a TV show or anything like that at all. What I mean by cataloging is in a specific order, some for the guys, some for the gals, etc. Also, I am not looking for sad stories, but rather some funny, upbeat ones - I know there are some, I've a few of my own. For example, I was on a blind date once (from a friend of a friend) and we had just received our drinks, and his first question to me was: do you swallow? I was quite surprised, and simply replied, yes, to quench my thirst, swallowed my drink, and walked out of the restaurant.

This is the kind of thing that I am looking for.

Thanks again,

Marion
    Marion