+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I try once again on a dating site?

Should I try once again on a dating site?

I've been contemplating on trying for what I imagine might be my the 6th or 7th effort on dating sites, perhaps match.com or OKCupid...

Should I use a copy and paste profile template that's way better than anything I could possibly think of (which got my ugly self replies AND numbers on PoF) or toil in trying to write my own which will almost assuredly end in failure as in years past?

I have a specific copy and paste I have in mind which I could post here for consideration..

Have Searock write your profile. I bet she would do better for you than any template ever could.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Hee, thanks Cerby :-D. I wouldn't want any responsibility in case things go wrong though... :-P

LR: post the template you have in mind so we can have a look, don't make us beg for it.

Looks like I deleted it, thinking I wouldn't use it again.

However, perhaps to give you an idea of his level of prodigious flirtation, I'll post the messages he sent from my account that actually got responses and phone numbers!

"My roommate came into the room while I was looking at your profile and told me that if I didn’t message you, she would.

Now, she’s straight, so that’s probably an empty threat but she does have an eye for pretty chicks so I’m totally going to trust my mom’s judgment on this one.

Let me know if she’s correct or else I swear to sweet baby Jesus I’m going to fulfill my promise of shipping her off to the “resting” home...It's up to you to be a super heroine and save mom or else: Jello time for my mommy...and a side order of strained peas and carrots..: devil:" (on PoF, it shows a devil emoticon)
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Looks like I deleted it, thinking I wouldn't use it again.

However, perhaps to give you an idea of his level of prodigious flirtation, I'll post the messages he sent from my account that actually got responses and phone numbers!

"My roommate came into the room while I was looking at your profile and told me that if I didn’t message you, she would.

Now, she’s straight, so that’s probably an empty threat but she does have an eye for pretty chicks so I’m totally going to trust my mom’s judgment on this one.

Let me know if she’s correct or else I swear to sweet baby Jesus I’m going to fulfill my promise of shipping her off to the “resting” home...It's up to you to be a super heroine and save mom or else: Jello time for my mommy...and a side order of strained peas and carrots..: devil:" (on PoF, it shows a devil emoticon)
    That is pretty original. Way better than "hey, want to chat?". A chick who appreciates a sense of humour would respond.

It's too good. I'm worried that if I try again and get responses to this quote that eventually over the course of the chats it'll be plainly obvious I didn't write it.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

It's too good. I'm worried that if I try again and get responses to this quote that eventually over the course of the chats it'll be plainly obvious I didn't write it.
    Don't be fake. If she meets you in real person and find out you are not this witty, it won't work out anyways. Maybe point out something about her profile so at least it shows you tried to tailor it. Also, pictures are very important.

Well, try to have a sense of humor. Chicks dig it. And the less you say about yourself, the better.

Humor is considerably easier to display offline but through text? Cracking a joke on a dating site is nerve-wracking. You just know they're not going to get it.

Well most girls would rather be alone than spend an evening with a sadsack. Humor is a way of applying intelligence in a creative way. It is alot more fun than talking about philosophers of the 17th century. But let's not put Descartes before the horse, eh?

ROFL. I have less esoteric interests. But this is the generation of Kevin James and Adam Sandler; comedy now is being a fat talentless actor or a manchild who acts like a retard and makes stupid noises and voices.

LR, I have seen (and enjoyed) enough of your posts here on this forum to know that you can write your own material.

In any case, sharing the same sense of humour is a great asset in a relationship. Which is exactly why I think you should write something that is your own stuff. If she likes it, that's a good start. And if she doesn't, well, her loss...

Thanks, guybrush. I've decided not to, after all. Seems pointless, already knowing that failure is a certainty. Oh well, at least I have my interests to hold me over until I die in a few decades.

Have you considered joining the priesthood or becoming a monk? Since you are going to remain celebate, no use wasting it.

Thanks, guybrush. I've decided not to, after all. Seems pointless, already knowing that failure is a certainty. Oh well, at least I have my interests to hold me over until I die in a few decades.
    What frustrates me a bit, is that I think you know damn well that I'm right. You are smart and funny, and you know it. This, combined with a photo taken at a flattering angle and lighting*, will give you the upper hand in any virtual environment.

*or lack thereof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast