+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what is more valuable

what is more valuable

guys and girls please comment on this ....what is more valuable love or career???

Do you love your job? Is the person next to you worth the sacrifices?

I do a job that I dont love, and I love a man with all my heart. If I ever have to chose between them Ill choose him. I'm passionate about music, and when I think that a music career will keep me away for having a future with this man, then I take a step back. What I mean, is that you will sacrifice your career if tthat person is worth the sacrifice, if he or her will do it for you. At the end, the money is spend, and goes away, true love last forever.

My husband manages to have BOTH love and career. When looking for jobs, he doesn't reply to those jobs which involve travel or working extraordinary hours. And this leaves him time to spend with his family.

Depends where you are in your life.. I think in your 20s Career is more important, in your 30's you need both... But in the end Love is most important because I have never heard of anyone lying on their death bed and wishing they'd spent more time at the office.

Love....I can learn to live with less.

I agree with BeenThere. A career is extremely important for the purposes of providing shelter, supplying food, and building a nest egg for a future family; however, that family will not exist without love. Find a balance of both. Just make sure you choose whichever one for YOU- not for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelycse View Post
    guys and girls please comment on this ....what is more valuable love or career???
    Your job or career is how you pay for your life - it isn't your life.

Love is part of your life. If you're fortunate enough to find "the one", they're a huge part of your life.

'nuff said.

It depends on the individual. If Oprah was the type of person who believed in love and marriage, she wouldn't have the empire she has. She wouldn't have impacted the world the way she has. I'm sure when Oprah is 90 yrs old, she'll still have her billions and reflect back on all her accomplishments like being the wealthiest black female in the world who have made many hate men.

Clearly I haven't watched enough Oprah. Why would many of her viewers hate men?

I'm primary carer for our disabled son. Truth be told, I'm glad I didn't have a career which broke my heart to give up. I can't begin to imagine trying to work and meet our son's needs.

I find it interesting watching the young adults leaving university and focusing on careers without considering that life may deal them an outcome which will have a huge impact on their whole future.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Clearly I haven't watched enough Oprah. Why would many of her viewers hate men?
    She's Lifetime personified: her bread and butter is twisting everything into a super radical feminist, misandry attack on men. "Broccoli is healthy..but MEN don't you want you to know that." "It's hot today....caused by men and their greed." *not actual quotes*
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Anyways, to be completely successful to the point of world known, it usually doesn't come easily and u will have to sacrifice love for a career. Where would u find the time? and who would put up with a workaholic? I'm sure Donald trumps hot wife isn't married to him for the love.

You shouldn't have to choose, the two can be symbiotic. But your job doesn't hate your partner, it can be often the partner that hates the job. I was being sent all over the UK and bits of Europe to do work and training, and all I wanted was to come home to my girlfriend. I absolutely hated the travelling, which often ate into my weekend, in terms of packing, organising, then the actual travelling time, which I wasn't paid for. I was often out of pocket with "non-reclaimable expenses" the company wouldn't acknowledge as part of the trip, but things I had to buy because I wasn't at home. Once they tried to send me to Canada when I'd taken time off to move house. Another, they tried to send me to Nigeria, where, I was advised, it was dangerous to be a white businessman. But I used to describe it as "Jack Bauer-ing" me into situations, some sort of crazy unprepared, ill conceived non-emergency combat drops!

Recently I've been listening to my creating calling (I took a degree in music), and have decided to move back to the UK to write some scores on the piano and continue my oil painting. My gf and I have been having serious issues, before and since we moved to Australia. But it's one of those crossroads parts of life. I know I will look back and not regret this decision, and will go back to the British countryside to be near my family whom I love dearly. As for career or love, maybe I will have neither, but that's just a gamble I'll have to take.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    Anyways, to be completely successful to the point of world known, it usually doesn't come easily and u will have to sacrifice love for a career. Where would u find the time? and who would put up with a workaholic? I'm sure Donald trumps hot wife isn't married to him for the love.
    Any woman he's been with is just there for money duh...just look at that stupid hair of his.

YES! I finally found this web page! I’ve been looking just for this article for so long!!