Two people from completely different “worlds”..

Can they fall in love?

I have been examining the opposition in attraction and falling in love for the longest time. People fall in love with people for many different reasons, no matter how different their lives are. I have fallen for men that were nothing like myself, morally, physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, hopelessly..

When you fall for someone who is nothing like you, it might be challenging in the success of your relationship together. The two of you may have nothing to talk about, you may be 4 feet, the one your with may be 7 feet. If and when you start talking beliefs with your lover, you may believe in God, your lover may feel that he or she doesn’t need God. Vice versa as well. You may love football, and your lover may die from the boredom of which. -laughs- Like I would. You may be enthusiastic, and your lover might be melancholic.

But whatever the difference, depending on how important football is to you, or God, or height, or emotions, or anything that may be important to you.. There is a way for it to work. And the key to making it work is dependent upon how much you are willing to sacrifice the relation and understanding between the two of you.

For an example, let’s say that if you love and believe in God and your lover doesn’t. Imagine the personality difference there. You believe in the divine afterlife, but your lover does not. One who doesn’t believe in a God, may think you’re either out of your mind, or brainwashed, or scared, or whatever they want to think of you. They may not even care if you believe, but why don’t they believe? Probably because the idea of a God is absurd to he or she; fathomless. Why is it absurd or fathomless to he or she? For their own personal reasons, the same opposing reasons why you would believe..

The best way to fall in love with someone is getting to know him or her first. Finding out what is important to you and finding out how valuable those things, those beliefs, those personality traits, those physical traits, those activities are to you..

I believe in Christ, but I have never fallen in love with someone who believed in Him as well. Never. And I wasn’t the one who wanted it over, they were. I never judged them, it’s not and will never be my right to judge the one I love. All I knew was that I loved them and that’s all that mattered. True love perseveres and I persevered. In my past situations, the people I was in love with did not want to be with a woman who believed in Christ. And Christ is a part of me. They did not want to be with me. In my past situations, they did not want monogamy, they were extremely bored with me sexually. I was no fun to them in any sense. I could not have been more uninteresting to them. They never gave a damn about what I loved and appreciated. They wanted me to sit down and watch that game on TV with them, a game that has no meaning to me whatsoever. A game that is minuscule compared to so many other things in life. They wanted me to change and that was never ever going to happen and they should not have expected me to. They wanted me to render my morals forgotten and I would not forget. And even though I couldn’t enjoy the game, I always enjoyed loving the one I loved. Even though I turned out being what they didn’t have a taste for, that fact will never change how in love I was.

You want to be with someone who thinks your fun, someone who doesn’t think you’re out of your mind, someone who loves every single thing about you, someone who will love you for all that you are, someone who compliments you, not someone who belittles you in the way you think and feel, someone who really understands you..