+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I haven't heard from her in 2 1/2 days

I haven't heard from her in 2 1/2 days

I had a fight with my girlfriend of 5 months on Sunday about some awful things I said to her on Saturday night that I cannot remember saying because I was way too drunk.

(FYI I do not have a drinking problem, I haven't drank heavily in a long time and we were at a wedding and I simply did not know my limits. It will never happen again and that is not an issue.)

The summary is that we have never had anything like this happen before, we both love each other, she says she realizes I didn't mean to say any of it and that it was a small blip in an otherwise wonderful relationship thus far. However she is worried that there is something more I'm feeling about her that I am not telling her because she believes you speak the truth when drunk. I have assured her over and over that the words were meaningless and I have nothing but loving feelings for her, which is 100% true. The words really came out of nowhere. I have no recollection of thinking them or even saying them.

Her last words to me (via text) in summary were I have made her the happiest she has ever been but now have also made her the saddest. Part of her wants to just move on and forget it happened because she knows it was way out of character and won't happen again. But part of her keeps replaying them and it hurts her so much to think about what I said. She said she just doesn't know what to do going forward.

I wrote her a letter which she received last night. In summary I took full responsibility, apologized a lot, went into great detail about how horrified I am by my actions, swore it would never happen again and told her how I would prevent it, told her she is my world and I am a wreck, I told her I would give her space.

I now haven't heard from her since her last text 2 and 1/2 days ago. My gut says this is a bad sign and she won't be able to get past it. But then I also think its possible that if she was going to end our relationship over this she would have done it sooner, and more immediately than this.

Is is a bad sign that she is taking this long to decide?

We can't offer any meaningful advice unless we know what you said

You fuuccked up.....leave her alone till she calls. REPEAT....do not pester her or call

I said that I shouldn't have brought her to the wedding, I wish I would have brought anyone else, I called her a b****. Again I have no recollection of saying them, feeling them, or what could have possibly upset me so much. I was feeling very warm and fuzzy all weekend until this happened. I can remember dancing with her afterwards and she was telling me that I had just said all of these mean things to her and honestly thought she was lying. I would never say those things, I love her very much. I am at a total loss and I am a wreck.

I am definitely not going to pester her and haven't called or texted her since her last text as well. I delivered the letter that same day because I told her I was going to do that and I know she didn't get it until last night because she was out of town for work Monday, returning Tuesday evening.

Well don't be surprised if this relationship is over

Good luck

If you love her so much why did you say such nasty things when you were drunk? And please don't blame it on the alcohol - that's a feeble excuse.

Im sorry, I think when people are drunk they have a tendency to do and said what they would not say in sober state. Maybe you really meant it, maybe that is the idea she has in mind. You hurt her feelings, specially if she really cares for you. Now, prove to her, prove to her that you are truly sorry, you didnt mean it, and you love her with all your heart...

I have no recollection of it whatsoever. It is very sad and terribbly embarrassing that I let myself get to that state. But I honestly have no idea. Something must have upset me and I blew it way out of proportion.

wow,i broke up with my bf(ex) whom means the world to me because of the same scenario.You should know how it feels when the person who you know as a very kind,loving,religious and loyal suddenly called you names like "bitch"? its more worst than slapping her face. bruises will fade away but the feeling that you made her feel,kills slowly and its very degrading on our part as a woman.give her time...

did something happen to warrant those mean things or did they just come out of nowhere? either way it isn't right, but it just seems odd that you two would be having fun at a wedding and then out of nowhere you start saying shit like that. I agree with the people who say you speak the truth when drunk, because even though a lot of times people try to blame alcohol for decisions or actions, it is actually the alcohol that fuels them. I would be pretty hurt if I were her. give her some space and time, maybe she will be able to get over it but what you said was pretty hurtful so she might not want to continue to be involved with someone who made her feel that way, and rightfully so.