+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend of 2 years withdrawing

Boyfriend of 2 years withdrawing

I've lived with my boyfriend for two years. We have our ups and downs but always work it out. He owns his own business and is stressed a lot. For the past 6 months or so he hasn't shown me any affection. He never kisses me (even when we get it on), he never touches me besides to get it on and there's no foreplay. He won't talk to me when he's stressed out, he just holds it all in. We've talked about all of this and he acknowledges it but nothing has changed. I thought maybe he was wanting me to initiate but nope. I've sent racy text messages, bought lingerie, lit candles and been ready and waiting. We end up doing it, but there's no passion no nothing. All he wants to do lately is watch tv. I don't know how to change this or what is going on. He has never been one to openly talk about his feelings and I'm tired of trying to get him to open it. Somebody help! I would like a guy's point of view please.

I'm sorry to hear that. did you talk about how you feel? Have a serious talk with him about this, tell him you dont feel happy, and it must change before is too late. I lack communication with my boyfriend, and things end up badly. So, talk to him about how you feel, and make sure he listened to you, and ask him how to fix the problem.

It really is simple. Tell him what you're not happy about in the relationship and tell him if things don't change you'll end the relationship. And mean what you say. Then he knows exactly where he stands and that you're not kidding.
    TBH I wouldn't even bother doing that, I'd just leave the selfish twat and find somebody nicer.

he doesn't even kiss you? what a dick!

Quote Originally Posted by clueless12345 View Post
    We've talked about all of this and he acknowledges it but nothing has changed.
    Short of accepting him for who he is without complaint, there's nothing left to try. Don't make the mistake of thinking that you can change him.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It's very simple and straight forward. He's only trying to dump you. He's fed up with the relationship but he doesn't want to voice it out; he wants you to figure it out yourself.