+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just watched "the hunger games" yesterday night..

Just watched "the hunger games" yesterday night..

hmm... the movie was rated 7.2/10 ..
    i find it nothing fantastic..

care to share your opinion?
    why is it amazing or deserve the highly rated score?

just confused..
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

My 13yo daughter and her friends raved over the books, but I don't think they thought the movie was anything special either. They actually vowed to not judge a book by it's movie.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It's one of the highly overrated phenomenon of this generation (hasn't seen nor read it; classic literature and film purist speaking).
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    It's one of the highly overrated phenomenon of this generation (hasn't seen nor read it; classic literature and film purist speaking).
    Pretentious much?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Not in the least; trying to justify the existence of drek like The Hunger Games would be pretentious.

I mean, even in the highly unlikely event it gets stupid kids to actually read rather than stuff their faces or play violent video games, I'd rather they be illiterate than learn nothing of use from THG.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

yep. Pretentious

Not at all. I am very authentic; I've read lots of literature from around the world and seen film from around the world...With credentials like that, you can only be jealous in trying to label me pretentious. Lol

authentically pretentious.

rofl, you're a master of rhetoric, basil. Absolutely infallible reasoning and so articulate. You truly are the master of the English language.

I know some truly intelligent and cultured people - people who make their living as successful playwrights and political/cultural satirists. They all have one character trait which you lack: Modesty. They don't look down on everyone around them and they don't boast about their superior intellect and persuits. This modesty what makes them attractive to those around them.

If these intelligent and cultured people carried on like you do - insulting the persuits of others and boasting about themselves - they'd simply be a dickhead and certainly nobody worth knowing. Everyone would avoid them. Oh wait. Sound familiar?

Obviously, they don't realize what a stupid world we live in at the present. Too much tolerance today, I think: allowing kids to listen to this emo shit makes the guys all effeminate and faggot-like, and the women just become really shallow, dumb broads with their stereotype reinforcing Katy Perry's and Gaga's and shit.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am also well-read, and I liked the book. It's not my usual genre, of course, but I read it anyway to see what all the fuss was. Life is so much nicer when you can learn to appreciate a wider variety of things. It's like hip-hop music: it's not really my first choice in music, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a dance now and then.

Quit being such a snob, LR. People connect to their peers through pop culture. You need to learn to be more tolerant. No one is impressed by a snob, and more importantly, no one wants to sleep with one.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm impressed by snobs. And besides, forgive me for being more cultured than my supposed "peers."

The Hunger Games is basically Twilight except for both genders.

well, keep being impressed by snobs and keep being one. But don't come whinging to us when no girl wants anything to do with you.

I don't "whing." I merely lament: girls obviously like stupid guys. Stupid=fun and fun=stupid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast