+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The girl I like is in an "online relationship"

The girl I like is in an "online relationship"

About 2 months ago I met this girl, she is about 16 (10th grade) and I'm almost 18 (12th grade), We don't see each other every day, and when we do it's for about 20 minutes (on the way to our school).. We usually talk a lot during this short time and I kind of like this girl.
    We live in Israel and speak Hebrew. One day I saw her texting in English, so I asked her who she's texting with, and she said it was her friend, and that he lives in Australia. btw, in Hebrew, the word "friend" can also mean "boyfriend", so I wasn't really sure which one she meant.
    A few days later she told me she uses a site called Omegle (a site where you can chat with random people), so I figured this is how she met this guy.
    Yesterday I asked for her phone for something, and when I unlocked it there was a conversation and I noticed the last message was something like "Babbyyy good morning ♥♥♥" (in English). She just smiled at it and then so did I, but we didn't really talk about it. I figured it was probably this guy from Australia, and that they are a couple. I assume they never actually met, that's why I call it an "online relationship".
    Today when I saw her, I wanted to ask her about this guy, but didn't have the nerve to even mention it.

Now, my question is.. should I try to start a relationship with her knowing that?
    I've never been in a relationship, and I really like this girl. She's not like those other girls, she's really nice and smart. She definitely likes me, though I'm not sure if she just likes me as a friend, or likes me the same way I like her.

Just step back from this a little and look at the situation. This girl has a 'relationship' with somebody she has never met in person. How sensible do you really think that is? My view - people who have 'online' relationships really need help because it's not real life. Perhaps it's nice because they feel less alone but won't have to worry about a real relationship in the real world.
    Why not try to find someone more normal.

I don't know.. I wouldn't say she's not normal. But if you think she's not normal, I guess I'm not that normal either. I used to have a girlfriend online when I was about 14. I didn't take it seriously and didn't really have feelings though, I also didn't take it to the level of texting the person.
    Honestly, I can't tell if she really has feelings for this guy or if she takes it seriously. so she sent the guy a few hearts, I used to do that too.
    I guess I should just talk to her about that.. but if I didn't have the nerve to do it last time I met her, I really doubt I will next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Voldermort View Post
    I don't know.. I wouldn't say she's not normal. But if you think she's not normal, I guess I'm not that normal either. I used to have a girlfriend online when I was about 14. I didn't take it seriously and didn't really have feelings though, I also didn't take it to the level of texting the person.
    Honestly, I can't tell if she really has feelings for this guy or if she takes it seriously. so she sent the guy a few hearts, I used to do that too.
    I guess I should just talk to her about that.. but if I didn't have the nerve to do it last time I met her, I really doubt I will next time.
    In the age of social media this is pretty normal for a 16 year old. Why worry about it when the guys is in Australia.... Ask her out

I believe it just makes sense to socially date several people at one time. You can get exclusive with someone after you get to know them well enough to feel like this could be the person you really want to get serious about for the future of your life.
    Besides, they say, "all is fair in love and war" and also "nothing ventured nothing gained"
    If you like her ... go for it.
    Stanley Collins www.free-relationship-advice-secrets.com

Quote Originally Posted by Voldermort View Post
    I didn't take it seriously and didn't really have feelings though, I also didn't take it to the level of texting the person.
    Gosh, I've seen glaciers move faster than this. A couple of years exchanging messages via MSN or Facebook, 5 years texting, 10 years calling on the phone. A bit of patience and you might have even got to the holding hands before you get shunted off into the old folks home.

Try it... Give her a REAL relationship that she and you deserve. On the other hand there s always the possibility she doesn't see you in an erotic way. In that case move on... But the Australian guy can never be a competitor... Only an excuse ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Gosh, I've seen glaciers move faster than this. A couple of years exchanging messages via MSN or Facebook, 5 years texting, 10 years calling on the phone. A bit of patience and you might have even got to the holding hands before you get shunted off into the old folks home.
    HAHAHA holy shit... needed a laugh like this, thank you