+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "in love" with my dream girl

"in love" with my dream girl

First of all, I have a girlfriend which is why it makes this more complicated.

So, im a college student my lab instructor for this certain lab is a beautiful redhead. I immediately was attracted to her and at first I thought it was just the moment, but every time I see her on the lab, I cant stop thinking about her after I leave. She is probably about a max of 3 years older than me, since Im in my 4th year and she is in her master's.

Anyway, she seems so nice and is smart, kinda nerdy, which is extremely sexy to me. I really want her in my life, but I dont know if she would even consider me, since Im kinda her student.

Also, my gf is bad tempered and yells at me a lot very frequently. Honestly, we are not compatible, but I make it work.
    If I was "stronger" I would break up but I love her and dont want her to be sad. I rather have her break up with me so I dont feel guilty.

Pls help. what to do?

Okay, I was in a similar situation before...except at a different age. He was my teacher, and I really cared about him to the point I opened up a lot... In the end, though, I don't think it ever works. In most colleges, like schools, professors can be fired for having relations with their students, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe when the semester ends, you could make a move ONLY IF YOU'RE SINGLE!!!!

Be fair to your girlfriend. Keep her as a friend, and let her down easy. It seems like you're only leading her on right now, which isn't right. If you really care about her, you'll be honest with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Okay, I was in a similar situation before...except at a different age. He was my teacher, and I really cared about him to the point I opened up a lot... In the end, though, I don't think it ever works. In most colleges, like schools, professors can be fired for having relations with their students, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe when the semester ends, you could make a move ONLY IF YOU'RE SINGLE!!!!

Be fair to your girlfriend. Keep her as a friend, and let her down easy. It seems like you're only leading her on right now, which isn't right. If you really care about her, you'll be honest with her.
    even lab instructors can be fired for that?

grow some balls.

Honestly, how do you think your girlfriend would feel if she knew the only reason you were with her is because you're too gutless to end things? Sure, she'll be sad for a bit. Then she'll get over you and move on.

As for the lab girl, I agree that there's probably rules against having relationships with students. I'm only a teacher's aide - but I know I could get fired for seeing a student.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Let the poor girl know where she stands,it's only fair to do so !

Quote Originally Posted by redheadlover View Post
    I rather have her break up with me so I dont feel guilty.
    You my friend are truly pathetic. Your girlfriend deserves better.

Agreed grow some balls and break up with your girlfriend. You are just making it worse for her by staying and it is so completely unfair to her. I think that's the bigger issue than your "crush" on your teacher. Btw that won't work while you are in her class so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by redheadlover View Post
    even lab instructors can be fired for that?
    I'm pretty sure. They're all part of the same instructional staff.