+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to become the one who is chased rather than doing the chasing?

How to become the one who is chased rather than doing the chasing?

I am 'on a break' with my girlfriend at the moment and although she has suggested dinner the last couple of times I suggested it and she said not sure I'll think about it, where as I was keen as mustard.
    She tells me I enter her thoughts now and again where as I cannot get her out of my head. She is the one who broke things off whilst she deals with something personal so I have to give her space and time but having seen her I cannot wait to see her again.
    The other problem is I don't know if she is driving us down the 'friends' route or whether she sees us having hope to rekindle things in the future.
    Firstly I need to know how to stop thinking about her and almost give her the impression I don't care. She tells me she has had blokes who have finished with her before and she has done the chasing and at the moment I'd kill to be in their shoes. Should I date someone to make her jealous, or just ignore the odd text from her. I sent her a text the other night and she didn't reply until the next day and it makes me want her more. I need to reverse this feeling.

Life it too short for bullsh.it games.

I am 'on a break' with my girlfriend at the moment and although she has suggested dinner the last couple of times I suggested it and she said not sure I'll think about it, where as I was keen as mustard
    How can she suggest dinner the last couple of times and You siggested it too? O.o.

Anyway, if you're saying you suggested dinner and she said "I'm not sure, I'll think about it" then you should have said, well call me when you've made your decision and then never talk to her again until she calls you.

STOP chasing her and if she doesn't stop to take a look around to find out where you got to, then you're chasing the wrong little princess and shes not worth you wasting your time on.

This IS NOT rocket science so I'm having a hard time understanding why so many young men who come to this forum have the same question about women who don't want to be with them.

Should I date someone to make her jealous,
    NO.. you should date someone because this girl you write about here is a waste of your dating energy and you should get back in the saddle with someone new. She won't be jealous becuase she doesn't care, dude.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 01-02-13 at 12:42 AM. Reason: added the quote

Carlton, she told you that "you enter her thoughts now and again". This is telling you LOUD AND CLEAR that she's done with you - but she lacks the courage to end things. Besides, in a good relationship, one doesn't need space to deal with personal issues. In a good relationship, she'd deal with those issues with you standing by her side.

You can hang in this limbo land for as long as you wish - but she's not coming back. Or if she does, she will only be only half arsed about it. For your own sanity, it's far wiser to just end things and move on.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.