+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice from male

Need advice from male

I hope a male can give me advice on this situation, or a female (if you have advice to) I think its great, cuz i am a girl, but i am not sure if a male would enjoy it? my friend who is a male is leaving. He is moving two hours away to college. i have had a crush on him for two years and told him. he said he didnt have the same feelings but he didnt want our friendship to end. He is amazing, so i wanted to do something for him, before he left. I am going to make a goodbye box. It contains a scrapbook of our pictures, a few gifts, a jar of mints from the place we worked, containing slips of paper and wrote on them are memories, a card and letter and a jar of his favorite icing. on the outside of the gifts are going to be envelopes wrote in a certain order. inside the envelopes are clues to the gifts, such as, the scrapbooks envelope is -pictures are worth a thousand words. i have a blue and white theme and a box to put them in. Is this to chessy or a memorable gift? I dont want to scare him away, or cause him to not be my friend. Would this scare you, or would you appreciate it? I know if someone did this for me, i would (probably cry) but would love it. Any suggestions?

It really depends on the person saraha. I mean, if it was me and I was close to someone, I would really love to get something like that. If you two are so so friends, then think about his personality. You are the only one who knows for sure if your friend would like this. He's be a jerk if he didn't at least pretend to like it though. If you two are only semi close, I'd be careful with going all out like that. But anyway, good luck with that. The presenst sounds nice.

if someone gave that to me i would be very moved ....

yep he has to be a jerk to not appreciate the sentiment behind it ...

i say go for it .. and best of luck

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

I would love to get something like that from a girl who really likes me. I meen even if it was a friend who had a secret crush.

Tone Guest
    Awesome idea, girls are so great <3

Yeah I would love to get that, shows you put a lot of thought and effort into it. Anyone can buy chocolate and flowers but this is original!!!

Thank you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Awesome idea, girls are so great <3
    No you guys are great.....thank you. I was seriously doubting giving it to him. He and I are close, he once told me that nothing i did could ever ruin our friendship. Hes very open minded and appreciative. I am not doing this because i love him, its because he deserves it. he isnt a jerk, he just doesnt give me any gifts in return, I dont expect him to (but wouldnt mind it either...lol) You guys made my day! Thank you for your replies and I will get to work on it right away.

Hope your girlfriends or wives do the same.

Love,
    Sarah

Tone Guest
    Let us know how it turns out!

best of luck

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past