+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why the silent treatment?

Why the silent treatment?

At the start of this year my girlfriend and I who weren’t that serious decided to break up, each for our own reasons.

After things had cooled down a bit and we were happily friends again she txt me one night and said that “she missed me and that it was really important to her that we stay friends”. I honestly said that I miss her too. Later that night she txt me again and asked How did I miss her. I was a bit unsure about what she meant by this so I said; I miss her as a close friend. We then decided that we would meet up for coffee when we both got back into town.

However the next day I txted her and said that I missed her and still liked her as a girlfriend. That was a mistake, because I mostly wrote that message to try and find out what she meant. I immediately apologised for saying it. Since then I have apologised two more times since then.

Two weeks later we both left town to start university. It has now been two months since then and she hasn’t replied or tried to contact me at all. We are now in the same city but at different university. I would still like to know her and fix this friendship regardless if we dated again or not.

I can’t fully understand why she is acting like this, everyone’s thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated.

first things first ... never lie ... to urself or her ... repeat NEVER LIE ...

why would write something that u did not feel ? there is a mch easier way of finding out what she meant ... asking her ! ...

i dont intend to be mean ... its just that i hate lying .

stop apologising ... when u meet her ... tell her the truth .. truth has amazing powers ... just tell her honestly what ur feelings are for each other .....

as to why she is acting like this ... suppose u had met this girl in the mean time and then she had texted u that she loves u .. what would u have felt? suppose she had buriied her feelings in the mean time about u and thought to herself that k .. he is my close friend thats all ... and then u text her that ? .....

then again it could be something else entirely ...

dude ... u have apologised more than enough ... when u meet her or talk to her .. tell her in all honestly what u feel and why u wrote what u wrote .. ok ..

of course whether u choose to do so .. is upto u

best of luck and i hope things work out for you

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past