+ Follow This Topic

Thread: arguing with the ex....whats going on?

arguing with the ex....whats going on?

ok here goes..
    my ex and i broke up around xmas time but things had been on and off since october. been friends for quite a while but in relationship for almost a year.
    he wanted to stay friends....we were friends before the relationship and kind of fell into a relationship which took as both by suprise i think.
    so since xmas we have been going round in circles. friends/arguing/silence for a week/friends again.
    i admit i often start the argument by bringing up "us" and what went wrong.he then blames me and says if i wasnt so childish and effed it up then everything would have been fine..but thats why i bring it upcos i feel it wouldnt have been "fine".
    my question is...if we are over and he doesnt want me back (he has said this) then why argue with me? ive told him to just delete me and walk away...he wont. he then acts hurt by the arguing and puts social network status such as "really p****d off" etc. then after a week or few days of silence he will text me with something funny or light hearted.
    i just dont understand whats going on so any help be great!

If he doesn't delete you and walk away, then you do it. Tell him that you don't want to keep in touch with him anymore because you want to move on. Then the next time he contacts you, don't reply.

problem is i dont want to move on. if i did i would as ive done that before with a previous ex. if i had a choice i would be back with him. my question is why wont HE walk away? why does he spend his time arguing with and getting pee'd off over me? i wouldnt if i didnt want be with someone etc.

So why are you bitching? You've got what you want.

If you want to get back together with him, tell him: "I want to get back together with you. Do you want to get back together with me?".

If the answer is "yes", get back together.

Otherwise, tell him: "Ok, then I think it's best if we don't keep in contact anymore. Goodbye!".

The End.

Stop acting like a petulant child. Just ignore him.

I don't understand why you are arguing with your ex, because I don't understand why you are even talking to your ex.

Your ex is your ex for a reason, or more likely, several reasons. Move on.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

there is really no reason you should even be in contact with your ex. you broke up, clearly there are still issues between you two if you're arguing, so why would you get back together? delete his number, delete him off social networks and start moving on. it's going to take longer to get over him the more you keep in contact