+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Currently have no idea what to do, any advice?

Currently have no idea what to do, any advice?

Hi everyone,

I have a major problem in my relationship just now. I will give you my story.

I have been seeing this girl for 2 months now and she is my first real girlfriend. Everything was going amazing for the first 3 weeks up until new years where she got drunk and started saying she didn't deserve me. I just ignored this as I thought it was the drink speaking. Then she wanted a break which I was really confused by and said she needed some space to get her uni stuff done since there was an exam coming up, so I did so. A week later she fell ill and wanted me to come in and comfort her so I went to hospital everyday and looked after her. I even met her parents and got on really well with them and the relationship was going amazingly and I thought things were perfect. Once she got out it was close to her birthday so we went out and she drank quite a lot and got drunk once again. She reached a point where most clubs were rejecting her for being too drunk so I took her back to her flat and she was upset about the clubs but still really happy I was there. She then said please marry me I love you (clearly more drunk talk). I got her a drink of water and about 10 minutes later she decided to tell me that she cheated on me with another guy. Since she was drunk I didn't know what to do and I live 20 miles away and I couldn't drive home since I had been drinking too. Eventually I ended up staying the night and in the morning I tried to ask her about it but she just said to forget about it. So I tried to leave and she told me she was sorry and told me she loved me. I stayed a while longer and she seemed to be on her phone constantly and at one point phoned someone and started speaking away to them. At one point she said "The boys voice your hearing in the background is just a friend". This completely threw me off and made me very suspicious. I asked her who she was talking to and she just said it was her cousin. She then confirmed that she had cheated on me with another guy when I gave her space for her uni stuff but it was just a one off. She didn't give me any more details. I suspect that something is still going on. I looked at a couple of text from a couple of guys both saying that they loved her and wished they were with her for her b-day. Very very suspicious.
    I love her very much and she says she loves me too but I don't think I can deal with her seeing other people and betraying my trust and love.

Thing is, she has been cheated on before when she was really in love and surely must know how much it hurts to be cheated on so how could she possibly do that to another person?
    I think I am going in after work today to possibly confront her and find out what is really going on.

Any advice, opinions or help is very much appreciated. Thanks

I cheated before on a bf of 5+ years and it was the worst feeling ever. I told him right away and ended the relationship because I know I ruined it. Although he forgave me and wanted me back, I know it would never be right again. The way you're describing it, this girl doesn't seem to have guilt about cheating. End the relationship yourself. You're already hurt, a broken heart can always heal.