+ Follow This Topic

Thread: talking to the x

talking to the x

So, I messaged my ex in hopes of getting some sort of closure. This after three years.. He said he was inebriated when I talked to him, so most of the stuff was taken with a grain of salt, even before he let me know he was drunk. He said some stuff like pls call me a lot and gave me his number, said he'd been looking for me for a long while and also that I was his dream girl. Long story short, he was the the "one," but sadly enough he was also the one who shattered my heart into a billion pieces and left me there to clean the mess up. Mind you, it's a been long way to restore what's left. I know wholeheartedly I don't want him back, but I also felt like I needed to forgive him and face him. My question is, now that I confronted him and I've come to the conclusion that I DO forgive him, I'm ready to delete my facebook again because I don't really want it. I only made it to message him.. and I'm glad I did Even though he tore me apart, I grew from it and I think I value him as a part of my life, though that part is definitely my past. Now, I'm not sure if I give him my contact info or I let him know that he tore me apart. I still sort of feel like he owes me an apology.. but I can live without the apology tbh. The last thing I can say is either, "if you ever find yourself wanting to contact me, here's my number.. just don't blow up my phone lol #" OR "Good luck at the navy, you'll be great. I'm deactivating my account. Bye"

Thanks so much for the help

Better yet, just leave him in the past. No messages, no contact ...just get on with your life.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Better yet, just leave him in the past. No messages, no contact ...just get on with your life.
    so that didn't really help me.. do i just delete my facebook?

basilandthyme could not be anymore clearer.. i think you are wanting a different answer.. maybe someone to tell you its okay to give him your number, or email.. if he indeed is your past and you do not want to get back with him... then leave it in your past.

Quote Originally Posted by sunflwer4 View Post
    but I'm just not sure how to go about ending talking to him? .........but I feel better leaving that door open.
    Mx ex broke up with me a year ago. Since then we have not communicated at all. Quite frankly what is the point in keeping in touch? And closure - that's just a bullsh.it word
    What do you want to leave the door open for? To get back together? Stupid idea. To be 'friends'. Presumably you already have friends.

Stop acting like an idiot. The relationship is over so just accept it and get on with your life.

You end talking to him by not sending any further messages. A 'goodbye' is not required
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I think no contact is the best way here. If you bump into him in the street, then you can smile and say hello and be civil but other than that what is the point trying to be friends. You and he broke up for a reason, he obviously deeply hurt you and it took a long time for you to heal. You have done that now and you need to accept he is a part of your past and look forward to your future with someone else who wont hurt you. It is great that you have forgiven him but forgiveness does not mean you and he need to become best mates.

Also when you or he finally meets someone else, they will not be happy when they find out that you are still in touch with an ex. Its too messy. Just move on with your life.