+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did we do the right thing?

Did we do the right thing?

Met a girl at work xmas party, instant connection, visited her a few weeks after, best weekend in my life.
    Catch is, she wants to study abroad after she is done with college, aaaaand before i met her, I already planned to move to another country myself, due to a new job, i'm moving in 2 weeks.

part of us wants to meet again, due to the love we share, but other part says it's best to split, so the departure wont get more difficult than it already is.

here's the question!: Is it worth see each other again, and spent most time as possible before I move away? or just end it here.

Been in 2 LDR before, and it didnt end well, so not doing that again. Just want oppinions if it's worth spending time with a person you love, if it's worth the heart pain that will follow.

Thx . <3

Okay, I know this might be hard to take, but you're at serious risk for infatuation. It's a growing disease in the dating world; get yourself checked out.

If you're seriously in love, I have a few rhetorical questions you can ask yourself:

Do you know all about her past- her story? What makes her who she is?

Do you know what her favorite toy was when she was a child and what her favorite pretend game to play with her friends was?

Say she was in a tragic accident. As a result, she's in coma. Would you stick around, never thinking about another?

If you can answer those questions (without asking them to her), then it's possible for me to believe you might be in love with her. But I doubt it, no offense.

That being said, I'd end it, especially because you stated you're not for long distance relationships. So, why would you spend time with someone you hardly know to only put off the inevitable end? End it now. It's like a band-aid. The faster it comes off, the less pain you feel when it rips out arm hairs.

When you move away, you never know what will happen. You may very well forget all about her. Or you may miss her life crazy for months/years.

Either way, I'd end it. I know it's harsh to hear, but it may be best.

Thanks for the words, put my mind a bit to rest. But you mention it's a disease. isn't it more of what comes before possible love, and just that the word "love" is overused?

lol infatuation is the first stage of love. LOVE-real love is the 9th stage