+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dreadful of being alone..

Dreadful of being alone..

I've been with my current gf for a little more than a year, and I have a feeling that we should break up. We don't seem like a good fit for one another for some reasons; don't know if it's her or me or both, maybe I just need time to work improving myself. The problem is I'm pretty scared of being alone.
    Over the year we moved in together and everything (we're college students so I share my room with her although she has her own elsewhere on campus) and I never went a day without seeing her for at least multiple hours if not the whole afternoon or evening. When we do hang out with others, they're mostly acquaintances, not really good friends since we never really got to know anyone else too well during our time together.

That's what scares me the most. Coming back to an empty room and not having people to socialize with while I'm feeling devastated. I know I can make new friends eventually, but who knows how long it will be before I develop a close friend I can talk to. I don't really know what I'm looking for out of this post, just an outlet I suppose. Maybe talk some sense into me?

The reason your not a good fit for each other is because you smother each other. Couples work well together when they are two independent people who love each other but want to spend a lot of time together but some time apart. Me and my partner both work full time and live together so we have time to miss each other throughout the day. He also spends time with his family alone sometimes as do I and sometimes we spend time with them together. I've also done college courses by night without him and once or twice a week id meet the girls for a few hours. He also spends some time with his friends.

We go out on nights out together with his friends and mine. We spend time with other couples-double dates. We get out of the house together sometimes and go to the cinema or for a meal or even just go shopping.

Do you love your gf. Do you want it to work? Is there any positive changes you can both make to make sure you can be happy together? Or are you sick of her and just dont want her anymore?

You could join a sport or another hobby to make friends.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    The reason your not a good fit for each other is because you smother each other. Couples work well together when they are two independent people who love each other but want to spend a lot of time together but some time apart. Me and my partner both work full time and live together so we have time to miss each other throughout the day. He also spends time with his family alone sometimes as do I and sometimes we spend time with them together. I've also done college courses by night without him and once or twice a week id meet the girls for a few hours. He also spends some time with his friends.

We go out on nights out together with his friends and mine. We spend time with other couples-double dates. We get out of the house together sometimes and go to the cinema or for a meal or even just go shopping.

Do you love your gf. Do you want it to work? Is there any positive changes you can both make to make sure you can be happy together? Or are you sick of her and just dont want her anymore?

You could join a sport or another hobby to make friends.
    Not completely sure.. sometimes I just get irrationally annoyed of her with every little thing she does (although I don't show it because that would be stupid) but the thought of leaving her seems to break me down

You spend too much time together-thats why every little thing bugs you. What are the good things about her? What did you love about her when you met her?