+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We've been friends for awhile, but I don't want to hurt myself...

We've been friends for awhile, but I don't want to hurt myself...

okay I'm going to simplify my back story to my problem...

since 2007 I've known my brothers FRIEND (she's out neighbor) and gotten to know her and she would call me her "brother"... didn't bother me, right? except in 2009 I fell hard for her. I've had this intense on and off crush with her and since she entered high school (currently I'm 19 and she's 17) I would see her less and less. lastly other girls would be a short term distraction, and this particular girl knows I had feelings for her but were still solid, haven't talked in a while though.

well I've been over her for months now and been out of a job (long story not worth telling) for a few weeks now and I've been thinking about her again and just want to see her one last time, I say one last time because we see each other less and less (shes very busy with sports and I'm going to be entering college and a new job and one of us might move away in the next 1-3 years).

even though I used to have strong feelings for her I always liked her as a friend, some times in the past we would talk more than others and we weren't the closest of friends but for a year i think she was my best friend. she agreed over text today to see me sometime when shes available (i know shes not trying to avoid me because she plays i think 4 or 5 sports! and she never avoided me in the past, except for 1 or 2 times like everyone does )

based on everyone who is older and has more experience (i only had a handful of short term relationships in my time so far), would catching up with her one last time to savor the memories be a safe idea?

sorry if i'm talking too much or if this post is a little stupid. you can just post past experience that may reflect this.

Why don't you just grow a pair and ask her out. If she says no you can get over the crush-if she says yes-it might work out.

You risk being hurt in love every time-don't let that hold you back

Michelle's right. Just do it.

I have tried to ask her out and she said no before. She also has a boyfriend

So where's the ambiguity? Time to move on.