+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I get his interest again? Why has he lost interest?!

How do I get his interest again? Why has he lost interest?!

So ive started online dating a few weeks ago and met up with a guy Wednesday this week. We had been talking everyday all day on a messaging app for a week then met at a bar and had a couple of drinks. We got on really well, no awkward silences, had a brief kiss goodbye and he messaged me that night and the next day. Although we talked about loads on the date the day after he just kept saying I was hot and said things like he got excited when he saw me and wanted to grab my arse. I kind of laughed it off and humoured him but didn’t get explicit. I made a joke about him being just after my body and he said ‘is that so wrong coz youre so hot’. I didn’t reply as fell asleep. Anyway text him this morning saying good morning and what you up to this weekend and got no reply. So a couple of hours I text again saying ‘Oi’ and he replied saying sorry he’d been in a meeting. So I replied asking if he was interested in meeting up again and no reply. So I left it a few hours and text again and said I was confused as we had been constantly texting for a week and now he had gone aloof and he just text back ‘chill out with the texts and out for dinner’!

Im so confused! Explain?!

you are coming on too strong, don't keep texting him. let him come to you. if he is interested he will ask you to hang out again, but if you keep forcing yourself on him he might get turned off and not want to talk to you anymore

His last text doesn't sound too friendly. If someone I barely knew texted me that I'd forget him and move on. Really looks like as if he just wanted to have sex.

Quote Originally Posted by ruby_red View Post
    he just text back ‘chill out with the texts and out for dinner’!

Im so confused! Explain?!
    What's confusing?

You're not exclusive, you've been on ONE date with him, he's out with somebody, and you're bombarding him with texts.

Hell, were I him, I'd have been a lot less polite.

even though he has been texting me all day everyday for a week!???? and i text him 3 times in one day and you think im bombarding him! why has he lost interest?! coz im too available?!

Sounded like you were.

Maybe not... maybe he's just keeping his options open.

He seems to have changed his mind. You can keep trying, but chances are you are just going to make it worse.

well im not gonna text him again and doubt ill hear from him. but for next time do you guys really like an aloof girl?! trouble with me is i wear my heart on my sleeve and not good at holding back! i worry that a guy thinks im not interested if i do!

advice please

I'm taking a different angle to the others. Given all the sexy talk (soooo inappropriate on a first date), I think he just wanted to get in your pants. When you didn't put out, he lost interest.

I think you dodged a bullet.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I think he realized you have sussed him out "he only wants sex" and hes backed off. I went through something similar years ago. Was seeing this lad for a couple of weeks. I had a bad feeling about him and one night I told him in a text that I don't trust him and think he only wants me for one thing and I made it clear nothing will happen between us unless I feel he is trustworthy.

Guess what? Never heard from him again It was a good thing because I was 100% right about him and Im glad I followed my instincts. Over the years I have heard stories occasionally about him and I know I had a lucky escape
    Last edited by michelle23; 23-02-13 at 05:57 PM.

don't stalk him okay

You're annoying him and driving him away.

Honestly, it's probably too late. Once interest is lost, it rarely comes back. Keep this in mind with the next chap. Otherwise you'll turn out like me- the idiot who makes the same mistakes over and over and lets it chase away the one he loves. Don't be like me. It's not too late for you.