+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Want To Surprise My Girlfriend Somehow!

Want To Surprise My Girlfriend Somehow!

Hi there!

I was just looking for some ideas; I'm currently abroad, and have been for a few months now, and thereby away from my girlfriend. I have arranged to return home within the next few weeks, but I want to keep it a surprise from my girlfriend.

The thing is, I don't know how to surprise her upon my return. Simply turning up at her door with flowers seems a bit mitigated, I want to make a statement!

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't recommend surprising her. Instead, I'd make sure that she knows you're coming so that she can keep her calendar free.

It would be pretty bad if you planned a great suprise and then found she'd committed to attending something else. Assuming she'll be available with no notice isn't wise.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Maybe contact a friend or family member of hers, one that you know can keep a secret and see if they can help you, maybe they could make plans with her for the time you are coming home and instead of them being there it will be you. This way you would have covered the assuming she will be available side of things, you will know she is available
    It doesnt need to be huge or fancy I know I would just love something sweet and simple like a dinner out with a girl friend while my heart was missing my man who was away and then instead of her being at the restaurant or wherever it would be my man OMG that would be wonderful. Good luck xx Thanks so much for sharing something sweet on here xx

Hey tassy, I like your idea very much and will keep it into consideration! It's better than anything I've thought...I think I was beginning to overcomplicate my ideas.

As for availability. I'm fairly certain she will be free; I will be arriving on a weekday, and her weekdays are very routine. Weekends are the only unpredictable ones.
    I intentionally made sure I returned on a weekday in light of this, so I knew what she would be doing. Additionally; due to time differences where I am, I could slyly send a facebook message of what she'd be up to, to make sure, which she would receive and reply to at the same times she already does

Never surprise her by showing up without notice! She needs time to make sure Fabrizio, the Italian guy she met while on holiday, has his shit pack up and out the door

Just call her and say your coming home and cant wait to see her like a normal person Jeez! This could backfire on you
    Last edited by surfhb2; 28-02-13 at 05:48 PM.