+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl with Boyfriend Seems Very Interested in Me

Girl with Boyfriend Seems Very Interested in Me

Hi, everyone.

New here So, if I'm posting in the wrong place or anything, please do say!

Normally, I would not take advice and just learn through experience, but I'm really stumped at what to do here. I've known this girl since I started college, a year and a half ago, and I remember on the first day she was with a friend and said that I could hang around with them if I wanted. Anyway, immediately I thought she was attractive and a down-to-Earth person. We only have tutorial sessions together (tutorial is just rubbish like learning about cyber-bullying and all that, not an actual lesson), so I only get to speak to her one a hour a week. I've started trying to have a laugh with her and being really friendly rather than distancing myself and trying to be 'cool'. She responds well and I believe she is in to me, but naturally I checked her Facebook profile to find out more about her and it says she's in a relationship. This guy doesn't go to our college. In my opinion, she doesn't seem like the cheating or 'player' kind of girl. Basically, I want to know how I should go about this. If you're tired of reading this essay, this is the basic information; if you need more, read on.

I always enjoy our conversations and I think she does too. I think that she's interested because she occasionally gets clumsy or stutters around me, she turns around to look at me (but only when she thinks she won't get caught and she laughs loudly at my jokes. Today, for example, we were looking at example CVs in tutorial and one read: "Place of Work: Sainsburys" when it should be: "Sainsbury's" with an apostrophe. I made the simple remark: "Ooh, Sainsbury's without an apostrophe." and she laughed so loudly that it was almost awkward and we had to explain to the teacher what she found so funny.

Now, of course, I'd like to talk with her more, but the obvious problem is the boyfriend. She does not know that I know she has a boyfriend and she has never mentioned him. So, I know nothing about this guy. Some say that you should talk and learn about their relationship, so that you know whether she is in love or whatever; though, we could only really talk if I were to ask her out, or ask her to get some coffee. Others would say to wait until she is single. At the moment, I'm playing ignorant to the fact that she has a boyfriend. So, do I ask her to hang out? Or do I just build up her trust?

Thank you very much for reading. I hope it wasn't too long and I hope I was clear in explaining my situation.
    Max

If its one thing I've learned. Never, ever pursue a girl that is willing to cheat on her boyfriend with you. Unless you just plan on being kind of a dirt bag and sleeping her. Do not, EVER date a girl that will cheat. She needs to leave her boyfriend properly and even then it might not work well. Don't let your heart get broken, trust me my friend. Or you'll end up like me.

do not be a douche and go for a girl with a bf, if she is willing to sneak around. run away..

she is in a relationship, you have to respect that no matter how much you like her. it's never a good idea to get involved with someone who's in a relationship, why would you want to date someone who cheated on their boyfriend? even if you DID end up dating, who's to say she wouldn't do the same to you? plus I just see helping someone cheat as bad karma, if you had a girlfriend you wouldn't want her sneaking around with other people, so don't do it to this unsuspecting guy.

She's in a relationship. Run.

EDIT: Run away...far, far, far away....

alwaystrying has it right.

Regardless of the moral difficulties, stay the hell away from a woman that's willing to cheat - she'll cheat on you too, someday. Believe it or not, your pecker isn't the magic wand that will keep her from straying.