+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have I been dishonest?

Have I been dishonest?

Hey there,

Me and my girlfriend have recently got out of a rough patch in which she had lots of mood swings. We pulled through it last week and I decided to forgive her. Everything has been fine all week. But the past day or so I had a thought of a girl I used to like and had tempted thoughts there (not as in go out and cheat, i would never ever ever do that). Like what it would be like with them those kind of thoughts.

Now I feel really bad for having those thoughts. Like, I know I want to be with my girlfriend, so I feel really guilty for thinking like that these past few days.

I feel like I've been untrue or emotionally cheated on her?

Basically my question is, is it okay to maybe like more than one person, but still know that you want to be with your girlfriend because you love her. Or is that dishonest?

Relax, you are fine.
    My theory is that just because you look at the menu doesn't mean you are all for it. Ex's are always stick in our minds. They are part of the past. As long as you are sure you have no feelings for her it is alright. You have no need to worry. I feel like dishonesty isn't the right word in this scenario, you are only committed to one person, and sometimes emotions play tricks on you, but always get back to the big picture, who is the person you want to be with, and obviously you have broken up with your ex for a reason. Think of what you have right now rather then scratch all wounds.
    Best of luck

Oh no the girl I thought about wasn't an ex, just a girl that I used to like that I never went out with

Are you SURE you want to forgive your girlfriend? I can't help but wonder if this is your gut trying to tell you something.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Well because of how things were in our rough patch it naturally threw me out of the loop mentally and emotionally somewhat, and us being so close to breaking up I'd imagine it might take a bit of time before I'm settled and comfortable in the relationship again. But I know that I want to be with her and I am starting to get comfortable again in the relatiomshop

I think it could be my mind testing itself to see how much I really do like my girlfriend maybe?

Most people have fantasies and crushes even in a relationship. As long as you never act on them and love your gf-its fine