+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Totally lost with new girlfriend! Driving me crazy

Totally lost with new girlfriend! Driving me crazy

Straight to the point! I'm a 29 year old male and last Year I met a 19 year old girl, and started seeing her casually, she had not long gotten out of a two year relationship and still bears feelings too him and freely admits it. After a few months of causal meet ups, and constant texting and the occasional phone call, I found myself having strong feelings for this girl, even with the age gap which I know is big, she seems extremely mature and emotionally strong. And we have a lot off fun together. After a while against my own better judgment I told her that I thought that I was in love with her, she told me that she liked me alot, and didn't feel the same. So after a while I thought about it and decided to call it a day, to which she responded that she loves spending time with me and doesn't want to lose me, after a few months I asked her if we could be together and she agreed, and she tells me that's he loves me and has never felt this way about anyone in her life. But she's often quiet and is on her phone alot and she has alot of male friends, Im trying not to be suspicious but it does bother me. I've tried to call it a day because I don't want to it to get messy but she tells me how much she loves me and how much better her life has been with me in it, I take her out alot and spend alot of money on her, but she always offers to pay, I have also met her family and her friends. She has just recently started a job in a bar, and I'm well happy for her, and at the moment she is making time to see me but I feel like she's not looking at me the same way and doesn't seem to bothered about what I say. Am I making a mistake hoping she really does love me, or is she usung me until something better comes along? I understand her age and she should probably be out having fun, and I've even suggested this to her, but she's adamant she wants me and nobody else. This girl is so similar too me and I really do love her but I'm so I secure about it I just don't know what I should do! please help!

The only person who can answer these questions is her. If your insecure because of her age-then maybe you should not be together

How long have you been together as a couple? I'm just wanting to figure out if you could be rushing things.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Agreeing with basilandthyme... how long is this going on?

Been seeing her since October, been together officially since December, I'm thinking now maybe your right and it's been rushed.

whoa bro... get off the express train and jump on a camel. slow down a bit. get to know her ... I bet you have no idea what her fav color is lol... its cool thou you're infatuated and like the fact you got yourself a girl in her teens When you're pushing 30, and want to wrap her up before the hair starts falling out. Showing her your insecurities will only drive her away. You u can easily be replaced by a 17 year old. So play it cool and take it slow.

I think you are moving way too fast. She's 19, I don't think she's looking to get married. Just slow it down. You might be looking to get married at your age, but I can almost promise you, she isn't.