+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Difficult Situation - Need Advice

Difficult Situation - Need Advice

Hi!

I'm in a difficult situation. My ex and I separated 9 months ago after a 6 1/2 years relationship. I met someone new and we have now been going out for 5 months. Immediately after we started going out, my ex called me up and asked for us to get back together. I declined because I am really happy with my current gf. She apologised later and said that she was lonely. A month ago, she started going out with someone and I'm happy for her. The problem now is that my current gf does not want me to see my ex at all for one year because she is insecure. She says that I should compromise and give her that one year. But that means losing my friendship with my ex. What should I do?

Its tough man. You gotta make a decision here.
    But you have been with this girl for 5 months, and she feels insecure - I think there is something wrong. But maybe some people just need more time.

You gotta talk to her - but a 6 1/2 year relationship is kinda STRONG and i would advise you to stay away because chances of you two getting back together are'nt very little....

Unless ofcourse, you want to get back together.

tell me, how would you feel if your girlfriend was friends with her ex boyfriend and she talked to him all the time?

I am very happy that my ex and I are just friends and I want it to remain that way. Because we were also best friends for 6 1/2 years and I don't want to throw that away.

I am fine with my gf being friends with her ex - I trust her - if she breaks the trust obviously it wasn't meant to be.

I told her this, but she says that wouldn't it be best to remove the temptations - but people shouldn't give into temptations that easily.

people should also not be that controlling, but shit happens, you know?

i don't know. it's up to you. is your friendship with your ex worth losing your current girlfriend over. you're obviously not gonna convince her differently.

Why can't I have my ex as my friend and keep my current girlfriend? She said she was being controlling because she has deep feelings for me and need to protect it because she is scared of being hurt badly.

it's hard for girls to have their boyfriends keeping their ex's around. i got lucky my boyfriends ex left him alone completely when she found out we were dating. he has no contact with her at all. but if he did i can't say i wouldn't be a little bugged.

My ex has kept her distance because she thought it may affect my current gf. I agree. But all I said to my gf is that I wish to now and then, very rarely to go catch up with my ex. She said you can catch up anytime as long as she is there. For the girls out there, is this understandable?

I think you need to decide which girl is more important to you, and then your decision will be easy (aside from the emotional turmoil). I wouldn't appreciate a long-term ex-girlfriend hanging around after she had indicated an interest in re-connecting... Besides, you know the saying: you can't have your cake and eat it, too...

give your gf wht she want s... coz u surely cangive it

ur ex is happy with her bf and u should be with your gf ....

best of luck

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past