+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am going to tell her. how does this sound.

I am going to tell her. how does this sound.

So i am finely going to tell a girl that i have feeling for how i feel about her.I don't think she likes me but its something i need to say to her so that i can move on.It will be something like

"(Her name)There is something i have been wanting to tell you for a long time,and if at any point you feel uncomfortable just tell me to stop.what i wanted to say is that i really like and i think you are a beautiful and strong young woman.I love being around you and every time i am i feel happy.Now i know you don't feel the same way,but this is something that i needed to say do that i can move on.I am sorry if i have made you uncomfortable and i will understand if you do not want to reply.I also want you to understand that if you reply or not it will not affect how i treat you at the school or anywhere else.Also if you want i will leave you alone the rest of the day."

Now i want you all to understand i am 21 and she is 25.My family knows her family and we are all good friends.She is also a member sports program where i work.She also has a kid.Now i have tried to get her to hang out with me as a friend i was not asking her out on a date.She told some lies and i know they where lies.This is something that i need to do so that i can move on.

Now if she does respond and its good then i think i might risk it and ask her out.Do you think i should add something like i would love to take you to dinner some time in what i am going to say to her? also should i ask her if i have a chance with her? Let me know what you all think.I can answer any questions you might have.

BTW our family's a going on this day trip. We are bringing our own cars and i know i will have her alone for like 10 minuets about 1,000 feet away from any one else.

Thanks

Why not forgot about all the Bullshit and just ask her for a date? You sound like a boring douchebag with all that

Noooooo......DO NOT SAY THIS.

Let's start from the beginning: What is it you want to achieve? Are you trying to attract her, drive her away or just have her think that you think you're an idiot? Because your speech covers all of those options.

When you know what outcome you want, then we can help you figure out something which actually makes sense. Out of curiosity, have you ever successfully asked a girl out before?

Let me spell it out for you....I've bolded her thoughts

"(Her name)There is something i have been wanting to tell you for a long time,and if at any point you feel uncomfortable just tell me to stop. Oh, God, what's he about to say? what i wanted to say is that i really like and i think you are a beautiful and strong young woman. I love being around you and every time i am i feel happy. That wasn't so bad. But what's with the 'young woman' adjective? Now i know you don't feel the same way You assume to know what I think? but this is something that i needed to say do that i can move on. Oh, you want to move on. So, you're not interested....well why are you telling me this...because if all you want is to move on, then I really don't need to know I am sorry if i have made you uncomfortable and i will understand if you do not want to reply. I also want you to understand that if you reply or not it will not affect how i treat you at the school or anywhere else.Also if you want i will leave you alone the rest of the day." What in earth is he going on about? Why did he give me that big blurb...say that he knows I don't feel the same way and then say that he doesn't need a response. He's crazy. Eyeroll and grimace

Edited to add: all the apologies and understanding about making her uncomfortable just scream INSECURE. Insecurity is not attractive. Quit with all the apologies and understandings if you want to be successful.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 06-03-13 at 04:38 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Why not forgot about all the Bullshit and just ask her for a date? You sound like a boring douchebag with all that
    Man, why didn't I think of that?

Then again, I'm not convinced he wants to date her. I mean, he's telling her about his intentions of 'moving on', so perhaps he wants to forget her. It's certainly what I'd take with me if someone gave me that speech.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 06-03-13 at 04:33 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

To all the above.

Let me try to clear things up.I asked her if she wanted to go do this thing i know she never did before.She said that she was busy that day.I asked her again a little later and and got the same response. I do know she is very busy.She goes to school and works.Her job is to take care of her mom,brother and son.I know she has little time.When at work she will talk to me for hours in the office and mess around with my stuff teasing me.See i am confused she does this kind of stuff all the time,we talk all the time on Facebook. when i said that i knew it was a lie a family member had posted on her wall saying that they wanted to go do something one day.She replied with something like sounds good i think i am free Tuesday or Wednesday.

This make me think that she just does not want to hang out with me.She will hang around after everyone leaves at work and talk with me,but does not want to hang out anywhere else. some people have said that she might not want to hang out as a friend and this is her was of trying to get me to ask her out,

One last thing i want to say something to her soon because in about 3 months i will be joining the military. If she does not have feelings for me then fine that's not why i am joining,But if she does that would be a reason for me to stay.I do thank you all for your help and i will think about all this before i do any thing.

If a girl says she's "busy" to go out... Then she's not interested

Btw....don't ever change your life or your plans just because of a girl