+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bad break up. Need advice

Bad break up. Need advice

I am 20 and my girlfriend is 18. We have been dating for 2 years and 4 months before she told me she wanted a break. This pretty much came out of nowhere. She said she didn't know of she was really happy and wanted to analyze things. I didn't want to do that especially since she had been texting me about and didn't ask to talk in person. Her and I were considered that perfect couple. Everyone wanted what we had. We did everything together and although we had our fights we always stayed together. She talked so much the past year about wanting to be engaged. She wanted the ring. She would be upset or depressed sometimes for how bad she wanted it. It was just a few months ago we were sitting in class and she was talking about being engaged and drew a picture of us bein married. I never thought we were ready toll just a few weeks ago. I thought it was finally time. She showed no sign that anything was wrong and then all of the sudden she wanted a break. We fought and ended up breaking up for the first time. She started texting this guy right after and they are hanging out. I'm trying to give her the space she asked for so I don't know what's fully going on. She told her cousin she was much happier since the break up. But I also know for a fact she's been creeping on my Facebook the past few days. We been broken up for 2 weeks and I don't know what to do. I wanna believe what we had was so strong it couldn't be replaced. I mean like I said it was only a month ago she wanted to be engaged and talked about us living together. She went through with valentines day like nothing was wrong.

I think the clues of her texting a guy and telling her cousin she is happier should give you an idea it won't work out. Also she is 18 and you are 20, chances are she/you or both don't really know what you want in life yet. 18 is too early to think about getting married in my opinion. There are many things to do life other than getting married at such a young age.

Dude she is 18 and too young to be stuck in a committed relationship for too long. She has a whole lot of dating ahead of her, and is curious of what else is out there. This is perfectly normal to happen. Marriage and kids are the last thing on an 18 year old's mind. She's gonna be hitting the clubs soon too....then she will be really rockin it.

By the way it's not true that what you had can't be replaced.....you will meet someone that will make her a distant memory. I guarantee it.

You may not believe it now, but it will happen soon enough.

Both of you are too young. Getting married being so young isn't a good idea. Maybe she likes other guy and it is the reason why she is happy with all stuff of breaking up with you and so. I recommend you to go out, meet new girls and I'm sure your heart will be healed very soon.
    "Hope is based on what we unknow, what is everything. Hopelessness is based on what we know, what is anything."

Please, I hope you excuse my mistakes. Don't forget I'm only an intermediate student of your language. But, in order to improve, I'm trainning hard!

I have a question. Do you ever talk about marriage to her? What would you say to her when she talked about? Did you hesitate, or avoided the conversation?

Tjplush, I know it doesn't feel like it now, but you've just dodged a bullet.

And this is coming from a woman who married at 20 and broke up at 24.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.