+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This dude that likes my best friend accused me of being too "overprotective"

This dude that likes my best friend accused me of being too "overprotective"

Can I get some help here?

Something about this dude seems off. I am not attracted to my best friend at all. She is two years older than me and like my big sister.

I've known my best friend for 6 years(since 9th grade) and we are very close. It is this dude that likes her and I feel that he is very threatened by me. He said I'm trying to cock-block him and that if I wasn't so overprotective they would be together.

He is also mad because she really values my opinion.

My friend told him she didn't like him, and only wanted to be friends. He went back and told EVERYONE they went together. He told us he gets a crazy check and disability because he hears voices and imaginary people talking to him. He is very obsessive over my friend. He has a little temper too.

I had a dream that he raped her because she turned him down too many times, and something a voice in my head tells me to keep my eye on him. I'm always there when he is around. I'm just worried because they have been getting closer.

Friends that know me and her that meets the guy says something isn't right and that I'm right to be protective. My question is do I back off? I can't make her see the light. Everytime I am around this guy I get this evil feeling.

His friends tried to tell me that I'm just mad because he is spending a lot more time with her and I secretly love her and want her to myself

sorry for the double post but I really need some answers
    I Am Perfection
    -jarrett178

how old are you guys?

if its older then 18 , are you her mother or freind?

and i think she may be older enough to make her own choices.
    you can tell her what you think about the guy and be care full but
    helloooooooo, i think you have more important things to do with your
    life then keep protecting someone that wants to get hurt.

if you tell her something and she dont listing or she keep meeting him alone(isolated places where there are not
    other peoples walking around),at night etc.
    then its her choice.

you cant love her more then herself.
    you tell her 1 2 3 times about what you think about him and to be careful.
    after that its her problem. beside she is older then you she should know better.

and if the dude said that about you maybe is saying more like you need to back of so he can
    do what he wants with her.
    but it her that need to wake up and use her mind.
    you cant protect someone that seek for the danger herself.

You are just a friend man - the most you can do is point out the guys weakneses so she can look at him with your eyes. But if hes not gona stop then let it be - as sooner it starts as sooner it ends. Dont **** it up for both of them by acting like a bitch.

Been in situation where I fell for a girl but everyone who liked her didnt like me. Soon same people saw that Im after her in big way and instead of telling her shit about me started to actually point out my positive sides - that actually pushed away her since there was no obstacles(challenge) anymore for her.