+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attracting like..

Attracting like..

Do you suppose that most attract a partner of commensurate attractiveness? (this question requires the use of the 1-10 scale)

From my own experience, I've mostly attracted 5-6's so does that not speak to my own level of attraction? I figure that those who are cognizant of their lacking in looks generally seek those not that they actually really like but think realistically that they could get (which means on their own level).
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

You can't force yourself to be attracted to someone just because you perceive them to be at your same "level of attractiveness", so I don't think your theory is correct and I think those girls were genuinely attracted to you. Unfortunately, you automatically labelled them as "unattractive", so as not to have to actually put yourself out there.

I think this is more likely what happens: you think you are unattractive, therefore you perceive any girl who is attracted to you to be unattractive, because how could you *possibly* attract anybody else?

That's a very interesting notion..Never heard of a hypothesis like that. Well said, searock.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Also, you make the assumption that attractiveness is based on a looks scale of 1-10, where you have taken in other factors like confidence, wealth (applies to some of your plastic perfect 10s), and personal preference. I like to rate physical attraction on a 2 point scale. 1 - I'd do her, or 2 - I wouldn't. From there I can figure out if the personality works for me or not.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

My own theory is pretty much like Cerby's. I don't have a 1-10 scale on looks - mine is "will I or won't I". That being said, it's rare that I'd see someone who's looks would be an outright 'no' for me. I don't care if a guy is shorter than me either.

I'm more likely to get turned off by personal hygiene, attitude to others, negativity etc.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Yep, it's the same for me: I'd either "do" him or I wouldn't.

I've even said to myself I'd not do him but once I got to know him and who he was, I changed that to "Keeerist if I wasn't married, I do him" I'm thinking: Attraction is much, much more than just looks.

^^YES. Me too. Personality can make a person attractive to me.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

i think you should get rid of this whole rating nonsence. looks are not everything. personality can make an attractive person unattractive and vice versa.

plus everyone has flaws-nobody is perfect. which means that nobody can be a 10 and everyone has nice things about them even if its just nice teeth or awesome smile so they cant be a 1.

i think the whole rating thing is BS. you either thing someone is attractive or you dont. its pointless and cruel to insult them by putting a number on them.

Yes, yes, since I've been a member of the forum since 2011, I am MORE than familiar with the platitudes about what affects attractiveness...My hypothesis was purely on physical terms. Thinking for instance that the confidence a chick exudes suddenly increases her bust size a threefold doesn't make sense.

Even on a purely physical level (i.e. only seeing someone without interacting with them), I have no 1-10 scale. A guy is either doable or not, on first sight. A lot depends on his behavior (the way he moves, walks, his posture), rather than just his looks: there are plenty of good-looking guys whom I am not attracted to because their posture/movements/etc are not appealing to me. Once I get to know someone, I can change my mind one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Yes, yes, since I've been a member of the forum since 2011, I am MORE than familiar with the platitudes about what affects attractiveness...My hypothesis was purely on physical terms. Thinking for instance that the confidence a chick exudes suddenly increases her bust size a threefold doesn't make sense.
    Thing is, the confidence she exudes could make you forget her bust size altogether.

i think your insecurities make you a little shallow LR. i dont mean offence to you when i say that but if you think scoring with a girl whos a 10will make you more confident or make you look good to others etc your missing the whole point of relationships and love.

its not about what others think. its about what you think. if you love her and think shes hot that is what mattrs. even if your friends think shes average. its not about them and its none of their business who you choose to date

that is the whole point i was trying to make in the last thread about rating. people who do that-only do it to get approval from others.

and it shouldnt matter what others think as long as you think shes great. (unless of course shes a horrible person but you overlook all her flaws with your rose tinted glasses-then your friends should tell you to run).

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    False, you have had an account here since 2011, but you have only been active since Sept/Oct 2012. I remember digging into your posting history when you just showed up with 50 posts a day about 6 months ago, but didn't have the running post count history to back up the Dec 2011 mark on your profile.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast