+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contraception

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    Why not be on the pill AND use condoms??! Ppl choose to have sex not caring about the consequences. Gosh, you should see how busy these abortion clinics are with young, dumb 18 yr olds. I've heard girls even say "this is my 8th abortion!!!!" Yet still continue to have unprotected sex. It's unbelievable. Ppl like that deserve to be aborted.
    While I'm pro-choice for the mother, I would still never be able to do that if I were in the mother's shoes. Yes, it's still technically a cell, but it's the prospect of human life.

As for the entire situation of unprotected sex and the consequences, I guess it's like the old saying you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

There probably should be a limit on the number of abortions you're allowed to get, though, simply because of the scarring it must leave on the mother. I'm not a doctor, so don't quote me, but I would imagine an abortion would also leave a small amount of scarring as well? It's my understanding they're cutting the child out, essentially? Or, am I wrong?

No Rowen I think you just take a pill these days which causes something similar to miscarriage. Years ago-they used to scrape the feutus out of the mother. It was quite dangerous and led to many women becoming infertile and lots of deaths. It used to be done also with no pain killers and must have been agony. It is probably still done today in many countries. There called "back street abortions"

You are right though-there should be a limit on how many abortions you can get. It is wrong to use it as a form of contraception and Id say in some cases it can still lead to infertility. Im not sure how safe it actually is but I don't know too much about it. I would never terminate a baby.

Abortions have become a quick, painless procedure these days. You have the option of taking some pills which makes you miscarry or you have the option of a doctor using a vacuum device to suck the fetus right out of your vagina. There is no cutting or opening or scarring that is involved. Sitting in for a tattoo session is much more physically painful

I never knew that much about them, so it's interesting to hear the new procedures. Honestly, the only information about them I've ever read was through Mindbend by Robin Cook, and that book was written in the 70's, so it's not up to date. Though, I wonder what the chemical side effects from the pill would have long term. (I should really google this. haha)

Either way, the limit on the number of abortions you would have would definitely strong arm those who use it as a contraceptive into using condoms and whatnot. If someone is going to be so careless as to use an abortion like that, I wouldn't imagine they'd be keen on raising a child once their number ran out, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Either way, the limit on the number of abortions you would have would definitely strong arm those who use it as a contraceptive into using condoms and whatnot. If someone is going to be so careless as to use an abortion like that, I wouldn't imagine they'd be keen on raising a child once their number ran out, you know?
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that multiple abortions leave the woman sterile. We already have enough idiots on the planet and don't want more of them.

Well I will probably look into other ways to not get pregnant, also sex is great but I would stop having sex to stop the risk if I wanted to. I already spoke to my boyfriend about all the risks of getting pregnant and he agrees that there are risks but he would be willing to take them.

Alot of people can just use condoms and be perfectly fine, it only happens sometimes. I would never have an abortion though and I will accept what God has in mind for my future whether I like it or not. If I live life worrying about certain things then I will miss out on a lot of happiness.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I know that by its very nature this forum is certain to attract a good share of dimwits and idiots (it attracted me after all) but jeez what is it with some people. We have:
    Condoms
    Implants
    The pill
    The coil

Yet people seem to end up pregnant. How are they dealing with contraception? Keeping their fingers crossed and hope everything goes well?
    You forgot the best kind of contraception: vasectomy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by oxytocinbite View Post
    I already spoke to my boyfriend about all the risks of getting pregnant and he agrees that there are risks but he would be willing to take them.
    Now there is a typical guy answer. They don't need to carry a fetus in their womb for 9 months. They get to think with their dinks

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You forgot the best kind of contraception: vasectomy.
    I didn't forget. I have the scars to prove it.

Now there is a typical guy answer. They don't need to carry a fetus in their womb for 9 months. They get to think with their dinks
    Haha well I must think with my vagina then. We must be a perfect match.

Maybe I sound old fashioned, but isn't a vasectomy if you're unmarried kind of like taking the bullets out of a gun? Sure, it's safe, but is there really any point to the gun anymore?

Don't get me wrong; for a husband and wife who didn't want children anymore, it would be ideal. But for a single guy, it just seems like the wrong time. He doesn't know if he's going to want children if/when he gets married. He may not want them at the moment, but meeting someone genuine could give him a new outlook. I know that they're reversible, but it's still the idea of paying for the procedure and doing that to your body.

I don't know... I'm kind of against cutting into the body and sewing it up again unless it's absolutely needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Maybe I sound old fashioned, but isn't a vasectomy if you're unmarried kind of like taking the bullets out of a gun? Sure, it's safe, but is there really any point to the gun anymore?

Don't get me wrong; for a husband and wife who didn't want children anymore, it would be ideal. But for a single guy, it just seems like the wrong time. He doesn't know if he's going to want children if/when he gets married. He may not want them at the moment, but meeting someone genuine could give him a new outlook. I know that they're reversible, but it's still the idea of paying for the procedure and doing that to your body.

I don't know... I'm kind of against cutting into the body and sewing it up again unless it's absolutely needed.
    1. Yep, not a good idea if you're young. I had it because I had two kids and that was enough for me.
    2. Against cutting into the body? Well we do medical stuff quite a lot these days - teeth, contaceptive implants. And to be honest a vacectomy wasn't exactly a hard thing to go through. And it does work without any after effects.

A vacectomy isn't ideal for those who are young without children. Doctors wouldn't advise or be comfortable performing this procedure on those in their 20's

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Doctors wouldn't advise or be comfortable performing this procedure on those in their 20's
    Nurses would, if the patient is stupid.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12