+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Breaking the Ice

Breaking the Ice

I really need some female advice on a good way to break the ice.
    What is a good way to go about it without seeming weird or creepy?

I've been waiting for a moment when we might have a reason to chat, but its been a while and still have only gotten out a few "Thank you"s and some other insignificant two worders. Sometimes I see her sitting by herself on break, but I can't bring myself to go sit next to her because we don't know each other. Would it be strange if I did go and sit next to her? What should I even say if I did?

It has been about seven years since I was single last, and was in a protective bullshit relationship where my girlfriend couldn't deal with me having any friends that were girls, even if they were my friends girlfriend. So, basically I haven't even talked to girls in seven years. I really need some help, haha....

One of the most attractive qualities in a man is confidence. Start small, say hello, how are you, introduce yourself, and do it with confidence in your voice! I noticed I don't normally get approached out of no where by people I don't know, so she may or may not find it strange, but if the guy had the right energy, I would be into it.

Hey Fresh, you sound a bit like me trying to figure out how to reenter the dating scene. I know I am not a female, but I think I have a good perspective.

I was basically out of it for 5 years and had my radar turned off, and was completely oblivious to women (other then my exGF of course). When, I first started going out again I couldn't tell when one was checking me out or not. It takes awhile, but you will regain your stride and confidence. But, I will not kid you it is much harder now as for me it was easy in college.

I would start a conversation with her. Just say hello and ask her how she is and get her talking. Then, maybe invite her to lunch the next day and see where it goes from there.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 15-03-13 at 07:15 AM.