+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Business and Pleasure

Business and Pleasure

Okay, so I take a duel enrollment course at the local community college, and the last class we had before we went on break, my professor brought up an interesting question to ask us. We didn't go into too much discussion about it, as it was towards the end and basically a tangent, but I wanted to ask all of you and see if any of you had anything to add to it?

Anyway, the question is why do we care about the affairs with American politicians? Does it really make them un-deserving of our trust in the government? If so, why does it? I mean, we've seen it with Clinton and JFK, and the list goes on to extend even to lesser politicians such as governors and town mayors.

Don't get me wrong. I abhor cheaters and cheating as much as the next person here, but isn't there a separation of business and pleasure here?

I'm just curious about what everyone else things, especially people from outside the United States. I'm not sure if they have the same problem in their country, as well?

Do People care though? I'd say they don't all the much or Clinton would never have been re-elected, would he?

It's because people are subconsciously scared when they find out that their elected leaders are as human and full of vice as they are; society elects those they are deluded into thinking are saints and can do all the conscientious thinking for them so they don't have to. Then when something scandalous leaks, they like to get on their high horse (forgetting that they voted for that person in the first place) so they can continue to ignore their own faults.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I think what people think is that if a politician is unable to keep a vow (e.g. his marriage vows), then he may be unable to keep other vows (e.g. political agreements and such). It's kind of like when you catch somebody lying over a small thing (for example, "I didn't eat your cake") and you naturally think there may be other, more serious things, that person is capable of lying about.

If someone is capable of lying and cheating, then they could be capable of doing it in any aspect of their lives.

I think most those politicians, celebrities etc are narcissists. I think cheating occurs a lot more amongst those who have money, status and power than it does when you come back down to planet earth and look at real people.

They also marry just to appear "normal" and they want a trophy wife that makes them look good to the rest of the world. That is why they cant keep it in their pants coz the wife is just another tick on the to do list. They think if they shower her with gifts to shut her up-their job as a husband is done..

I don't trust the government in general-whether they cheat or not is irrelevant. They are all power hungry cunts who make all these empty false promises just to get elected. Ruthless bastards. Why should being married make them any different?

A large % of people in power are dictators. There is a reason why they choose that career in the first place and therefore cant be trusted. Yes there are the rare few who want power for the right reasons but they are few and far between.
    Last edited by michelle23; 15-03-13 at 06:01 PM.

Poor guy goes to a community college.

Don't be such an entitled snob, fearoflove. A lot of university kids are completely worthless and so are their degrees. All they get out of being crushed by debt is having a brief period in life where they attend the best parties in their respective countries and go through bizarre initiation rituals, like having hamsters inserted into their anuses.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

^^^ do you have anything positive to say about ANYTHING, LR? Holyfvckamollay! downer, man.

ROFL. I just didn't like the way she bashed community college..

So you bash university instead of just calling her on her shit? lol

Well, yeah. University is mostly for frauds; a former friend of mine goes to university!

I went to community college for 6-7 years. Should I end my life right now?

Community college is more legit than university. Same education without being 100k in debt for a fancy paper and a sense of entitlement.

But I'm not worthy of fearoflove... what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by bearz View Post
    I went to community college for 6-7 years. Should I end my life right now?
    lolzzz ^^^

Sadly, according to fearoflove you should.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast