+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to move on?

how to move on?

So, it's not like I'm "broken-hearted" as we never dated, but my friend and I both developed feelings a long time ago. We decided it wouldn't work out, and thought it would be best to just stay friends. This is a friend I work with...pretty closely. I have to see her all the time at work, and me, her, and two others are a close group. So it's hard to not see her and not care. I still think of her as a good friend, even though I don't agree with a lot of things she does. Honestly, she's not the usual type I've been attracted to in the past, but for whatever reason we have some connection where we know each other so well, and know when somethings wrong, etc. Lately she's been having issues that's stressed her out, and I want to be there for her, but I know at the same time its not smart for me to be, since it seems to bring back feelings whenever I do. Like today at work, she came in and was in a bad mood, and while my head was like forget her, she doesn't want you you shouldn't want her, but as soon as I see her that stuff fades away :/

I've never had someone brighten my day and screw it up all at once just by walking in to work. Though I know it will never, ever work out with her, part of me misses the way we talked back then and kinda stabs me when I see her with a guy at work she's been spending time with lately. I do have a new girl that I've been interested in, and that has helped, but I still get side-tracked when I do care about her and don't like seeing her like this.

So, I assume I'm going to hear cut all ties, or stop talking, or anything along those lines, but I have to ask, what can I do to stop thinking of her like that and think of her as the same as the other two, more like a sister than anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by no-se-nada View Post
    what can I do to stop thinking of her....
    Take up a new hobby, keep yourself busy, start banging another chick, whatever works for you. Time is the real answer, but no one likes to hear that, so get out into that real world and do whatever it is that makes you happy.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Stop spending time think abut her or letting those feeling flow. block them

you are there also to work not to get some pussy.
    so be professional.

I was in a situation like this but it was not at work, it was at college. This girl was in my close group of friends and i REALLY liked her. She liked me a lot too and we were like best friends. I was tortured for almost 2 years watching her go in and out of relationships. I made it clear to her that i wanted to be in a relationship with her. I could tell i liked her more and she really wanted to stay friends but i pushed and we dated exclusively but it was clear that her feelings for me never equalled mine for her and our relationship was a big fail.

I guess my advice to you would be to just let her go. If she liked you the way you liked her, she would have made it clear. Don't ever try to force or push a relationship. It should flow. I would suggest another woman to get your mind of her which you seem to have but she doesn't seem to take your mind off the first girl. I just think you haven't found the right girl yet but it's not the friend you like and probably not the girl you are seeing. Keep looking bro

Thanks for the advice. It's weird, it seems like I'm fine 90% of the time, even with seeing her and talking with her. There's just those days where I let her get inside my head and I basically put myself in a bad mood over it. So yea, I don't know how to get past that. But I do think it's been helping talking to this other girl. Not saying she's the one or we'll get married lol but the more I talk to her and get to know her, the more I'm starting to like her

shesjustnotin2u Guest
    If you can't ever see yourself being with her to begin with then you're best off not pursuing something you know you will hurt at the end.

Its funny, im not trying to pursue her. Just for whatever reason i still hold on to feelings i know arent healthy. Thanks for your help in the chatbox today though

shesjustnotin2u Guest
    No problem. Good luck and stay postive.

Thanks again. See it's funny, today I was fine. Talked with her, joked around, teased her about the guy she has rumors with...it was back to actibg like brother/sister. I just don't know what it was to set me off yesterday, and why i still have days like that

Funny, think i might have an easier time with this now. Apparently she is going to go on leave for the next couple of months. Her two coworkers are not happy lol so yea, maybe good riddance