+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't know what to do and I still love her...

I don't know what to do and I still love her...

I need help. Like this i've known this girl for like 5 years. We weren't close at all at first but two and a half years ago maybe I have felt something for her but I wasn't really sure of my emotinos so I just ignored them. We kept getting closer and closer. But 1 and a half year ago she texted me and said she liked me and a bit later we dated for a week or so, and I fell in love with her, but she didn't. Afterwards we were still friends and we still are. We see eachother twice/three times a week because of a school activity and during that time I really feel like she's flirting with me or likes me but at the same time I think the exact opposite. I'm still in love with her, I can't stop thinking about her and it's really affecting my grades, my social life, basically everything, I'm lost and I'm daydreaming all the time. I'm depressed and sad. I can't date other girls because I love her. I don't know what to do, I want to try something with her but I'm afraid that I might lose our friendship.

Ok, lets get one thing straight right now. You don't have a friendship, you love her, so anything you have is based on that emotion you have for her. So in order to get over it, you need to drop her, stop seeing her, stop talking to her, and accept your friendship is nothing more than a facade that you're using to stay close to her in hopes she'll feel the same way.

Remove her from your life, and she'll eventually leave your heart.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Okay first, can't stop any contact with her because it's a school activity so I will still see her twice/three times a week thus meaning I can't stop talking to her and the worst is I don't want to... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Seducer0123 View Post
    Okay first, can't stop any contact with her because it's a school activity so I will still see her twice/three times a week thus meaning I can't stop talking to her and the worst is I don't want to... :/
    Just because you're around her doesn't mean you need to keep talking to her. You can be in the same room as someone and shut them out, it just means sitting on the other side of the room, working in another group, whatever it takes.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Now i`m curious...why don`t you just invite her, for like a coffee, or whatever, and talk to her very nicely, and tell her what you feel for her? Have you tried that? Or have you even thought that it might work? Maybe she`s waiting for you to make the first step, so do it, what do you have to lose?
    In my opinion is better to give it a try, and see what happens, before someone else does it. Man, if she says no, then you can accept your fate, and keep on being friends, but at least you know one thing for sure, and you won`t punish yourself anymore with "what if"

So do it! I wish you luck!

Seducer: You are compulsively focusing on this girl. Also when you say you kept getting closer and closer, what do you mean? Through intimate sharing about feelings? experiences? hopes? dreams? It is very difficult when someone likes someone else and the other person doesn't have the same feelings. I'd hope you would work on acceptance of her feelings....that is the most loving thing you an do. Also, why don't you have a straight up conversation with her about your feelings and accept her answer as her truth. This is difficult to do, I know. But what choice do you have? Be miserable and ruin your grades over something you can't have? Date other girls. Exercise. Force yourself. It will pass.
    Ann