+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this lie ok?

Sweetie you don;t trust him 100% at all like someone said on here before. If you wouldn't keep wondering if he slept with someone. If he did would you leave? The answer is no. Leave it alone if you suspect something with more solid evidence then start worrying. As for now you won't really ever know maybe. Girl leave it alone and quit digging up mess. That is the problem with relationships we create and figure out things to worry about stuff. Quit asking him. Nobody is ever gonna tell you the truth to hurt you. But, I will give you some good strategies to use if you wanna know to get the truth out of him because it worked for me. Ask him the same question months from now after he has forgotten about your concern and word in a different way intiating the question under a totally different topic. It worked for me in a past relationship. But then again you may not consider my advice credible (even though it is) once you read my posting.

And I agree this story is confusing. He cheated on you and you took him back. What the ......? AIn't no trust there and never will there be!

Everybody cheats and gets with another person once you've been apart. what did you think was gonna happen if the relationship was over for a while? Once a break occurs you are sleeping with them and their past partners as well. .

Quote Originally Posted by irresistible46 View Post
    Everybody cheats and gets with another person once you've been apart. what did you think was gonna happen if the relationship was over for a while? Once a break occurs you are sleeping with them and their past partners as well. .
    I resent the implication that everyone cheats. There are some of us out there (*coughs*LIKE MYSELF*coughs*) who have NEVER CHEATED and are the type who would not disrespect their partner like that.

Ya im the same-never cheated-never will. Some people have integrity. And if me and my bf broke up-id be too hurt to go near anyone else for a long time. A break is no excuse to **** somebody else if ur hoping to get back together. You should have enough respect anyway for your ex to wait awhile before adding salt to their wounds by getting .with someone else. At least give them some time to heal before they have to hear uv replaced them.

Am i the only person who wouldnt hop from one relationship to the next? Does anyone care anymore about hurting an ex anymore than necessary or do people think its okay to find a rebound within a week?

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Am i the only person who wouldnt hop from one relationship to the next? Does anyone care anymore about hurting an ex anymore than necessary or do people think its okay to find a rebound within a week?
    Michelle, you're not alone. I completely agree, and I think that rebounds are just sick and twisted. I couldn't do that to someone. I mean, how awkward is it if you just jump into a relationship with an innocent person afterwards and suddenly say to them, "Oh, well...yeah, this is over....bye." And not to mention, how hurtful is that?

With me, I take serious time to heal from it. Hell, I was single for almost a year before I actually started being serious about looking for another boyfriend. Up until that point, I had guys come onto me, but I told them strictly I was only looking to make friends. And I kept that promise to them. Now, I've been single for 3 years. No matter how nice it would have been to have someone to fill the void, I didn't ever get involved with a rebound because it wouldn't have been right. I wouldn't have been dating the person- just using them as a teddybear for my own twisted desires.

I seriously think that anyone who just jumps from relationship to relationship is setting themselves up for failure because they haven't given themselves time to heal and grow from a past relationship. Thus, they either make the same mistakes over and over or put so much pressure on using the relationship as their crutch that they make it collapse and suck the life out of the other person. It's just plain horrible, Michelle, really.

(Okay, I'm off my soap box now.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12