+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Match.com good/bad luck??

Match.com good/bad luck??

okay i met her online a few weeks ago and met her in real life a week after i met her...online, probably not the wisest choice of grammar... im 19 and shes 18.

anyways for the past 3 weeks we would hangout every weekend, 1st time was seeing "warm bodies", then steak and shake (with lots of walking around and talking afterwards), and tonight we went to the mall.

it was never fully awkward and we talk alot and everythings all fine. except tonight she said "were more platonic" and since then (about half an hour until we went home) i was a little more quiet (i tried to be normal! but over the past week or so i started to like her! and felt a little bad) and i think she has an idea i do like her.

i voluntarily walked her to her car and we both didnt know what to really say and she said we should hang out at one of our houses and she hugged me (first time SHE hugged me, it was vice versa before) and said we should focus on the friendship part (? i think i get that, i thought we were friends? lol).

also heres how the slightly awkwardness started tonight (its personally kind of funny) but the first time i met up with her we ran into my childhood friend and his friend and he asked if she was my girlfriend. so i said "no" and we went on to see the movie, well...tonight at the mall after we ate and talked for awhile (i met her best friend and her friends dad!) we went walking and ran into them again (childhood friends)!! .. okay ive known this guy for years and this is just his personality... but he blurted out "you two have to be dating now!" and she said "no" first and I said "i dont know" (idk why i did!?!?) and he kind of laughed...we talked for a minute before me and "my match.com friend" continued on walking...and we briefly talked about all that and she said were more platonic and she said sorry (i looked kind of suprised), then we talked about seeing a movie at each others houses and we were both either nervous or felt weird about meeting each others parents.

all along i kind of knew nothing would happen...i thought there was a chance because she's VERY busy and still manages to text me almost everyday, and she seems comfortable around me, it was even her idea to first meet up! in a way were opposites so i make her laugh alot sometimes.

but i just don't know what to do because were not super close and i really like her. is it over?!?

oh she not golddigging i paid $7 on her...
    Last edited by heavymetalkid; 23-03-13 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetalkid View Post
    okay i met her online a few weeks ago and met her in real life a week after i met her...online, probably not the wisest choice of grammar... im 19 and shes 18.

anyways for the past 3 weeks we would hangout every weekend, 1st time was seeing "warm bodies", then steak and shake (with lots of walking around and talking afterwards), and tonight we went to the mall.

it was never fully awkward and we talk alot and everythings all fine. except tonight she said "were more platonic" and since then (about half an hour until we went home) i was a little more quiet (i tried to be normal! but over the past week or so i started to like her! and felt a little bad) and i think she has an idea i do like her.

i voluntarily walked her to her car and we both didnt know what to really say and she said we should hang out at one of our houses and she hugged me (first time SHE hugged me, it was vice versa before) and said we should focus on the friendship part (? i think i get that, i thought we were friends? lol).

also heres how the slightly awkwardness started tonight (its personally kind of funny) but the first time i met up with her we ran into my childhood friend and his friend and he asked if she was my girlfriend. so i said "no" and we went on to see the movie, well...tonight at the mall after we ate and talked for awhile (i met her best friend and her friends dad!) we went walking and ran into them again (childhood friends)!! .. okay ive known this guy for years and this is just his personality... but he blurted out "you two have to be dating now!" and she said "no" first and I said "i dont know" (idk why i did!?!?) and he kind of laughed...we talked for a minute before me and "my match.com friend" continued on walking...and we briefly talked about all that and she said were more platonic and she said sorry (i looked kind of suprised), then we talked about seeing a movie at each others houses and we were both either nervous or felt weird about meeting each others parents.

all along i kind of knew nothing would happen...i thought there was a chance because she's VERY busy and still manages to text me almost everyday, and she seems comfortable around me, it was even her idea to first meet up! in a way were opposites so i make her laugh alot sometimes.

but i just don't know what to do because were not super close and i really like her. is it over?!?

Sounds like she just sees you as a friend....blow it off and date other women who want to be in a relationship with you. Women are fuccking lame to the fact that us guys dont take you out to be friends....If i wanted to hang with the budiies Id go to Joes house to play poker

Steer clear of girls who says: " I just want to be friends first and see how things go"
    Last edited by surfhb2; 23-03-13 at 12:50 PM.

You need to make a move! Next time you get together alone, say in a movie, reach over and take her hand. And make sure you kiss her at the end of your next date. Just go for it! If she rejects you, you'll know where you stand and you can move on. Or hey...it might work! And then you will have a girlfriend! But you're the dude...it's unfortunately up to you to put yourself out there. Every time you try something, no matter how it turns out, you learn something. Don't let it go along in the friend zone any longer, or you definitely won't have any chance. Get up the guts, you can totally do it!!! ;-)