+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to ask without coming across badly

How to ask without coming across badly

Lets say I'm going to meet up with a girl, whether its a date or just something casual. We are not going out to eat or to a club/bar.
    If we plan on drinking over the time we meet how do I ask her what she wants without sounding weird (I don't want to sound like I'm trying to get her drunk to sleep with her cause I'm absolutely not).
    The only way I see to work is by talking to her earlier the day you are supposed to meet and say something like "I'm stopping at the liquor store today, do you want me to pick you up something for tonight."

And this approach doesn't seem to work but if I want to have a little party with whatever girl I'm meeting I tell her that I will be drinking when we hang out and she is more than welcome to if she wants to.
    Does anyone see anything wrong saying it that way or is there another way to say that?
    Let be friends

Quote Originally Posted by R0aDRuNN3R5 View Post
    Lets say I'm going to meet up with a girl, whether its a date or just something casual. We are not going out to eat or to a club/bar.
    If we plan on drinking over the time we meet how do I ask her what she wants without sounding weird (I don't want to sound like I'm trying to get her drunk to sleep with her cause I'm absolutely not).
    The only way I see to work is by talking to her earlier the day you are supposed to meet and say something like "I'm stopping at the liquor store today, do you want me to pick you up something for tonight."

And this approach doesn't seem to work but if I want to have a little party with whatever girl I'm meeting I tell her that I will be drinking when we hang out and she is more than welcome to if she wants to.
    Does anyone see anything wrong saying it that way or is there another way to say that?
    Where you going to meet? Why not just take her to dinner and have drinks?

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Where you going to meet? Why not just take her to dinner and have drinks?
    Well I don't want to get into a whole other talk but the first girl I would ask doesn't like going out to dinner, she thinks its too forced, she's more of something casual like fishing or a camp fire (she's outdoorsy)
    And other girls that I'm almost positive they like me and I ask them out to dinner, they usually avoid it or dodge that question, I have no idea why
    Let be friends

Quote Originally Posted by R0aDRuNN3R5 View Post
    Well I don't want to get into a whole other talk but the first girl I would ask doesn't like going out to dinner, she thinks its too forced, she's more of something casual like fishing or a camp fire (she's outdoorsy)
    And other girls that I'm almost positive they like me and I ask them out to dinner, they usually avoid it or dodge that question, I have no idea why
    Then just pack some beers and go fishing.....no need to ask. If she doesnt want to drink then so be it. Just do what you want to do....shes should be happy a great guy like you wants to take her out.

Thanks, that pretty much answers all my question.

"I'm stopping at the liquor store today, do you want me to pick you up something for tonight"
    Say I wanted to ask if she wants to drink do you think this would be the most casual way to do it?
    Let be friends

Don't ask, just bring the booze. Bring a healthy alternative in case she doesn't want to drink.