+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions needed from you guys.

Opinions needed from you guys.

I met this really cool girl in school and we've been out on a few dates. We had alot of fun watching movies and talking about just everything. I still wasn't sure if we're compatible as a couple as we're of different race and lifestyle but few weeks later, i decided to hint to her my feelings and she actually blushed when i told her that i've longed to hold her hands when we're walking side by side. That night, while sending her home, i did something stupid and tried to hold her hand. However, she pulled her hand away. Sad situation for me. Lol. Anyway i felt stupid but just smiled and said i'm playing around. After that night, i didnt contact her for like a week cause its ackward.

About a few months after that, i contacted her again just to ask how is she and talked a little. I asked her out this coming week and she said ok. Now i'm not sure if she has the slightest interest in me or how am i to know if i stand a chance. Any suggestion from you people would be great! Thanks!
    We all should look out for the finer things in life~

hi there nameless18

races dont matter .. so stop worrying about that .

wht happened happened ... forget about that ... she pulled her hand away ... not a sad situation at all .. she could just be uncomfortable ...

this time round .. see how things go and dont force anything ... go with the flow ...

walk close to her but dont hold her hand ... look deep into her eyes without staring .. whenever u talk to her

tell us how it goes

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Well i guess that i actually rushed things by trying to hold her hand that night. As you've said maybe i should just go with the flow. I know its quite obvious that i'm interested in her and if she's not interested she could have just said no when i asked her out. But still.. hmm...

did she say no ?

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

I'm in an inter-racial relationship. Her parents may not like it, though, and that's always a possibility for her hesitation.

It's a fine line between confident and pushy. Women generally prefer confidence. I think trying to hold her hand isn't being pushy.

When you talk, is there ever any contact? Does she touch your hand or arm, even for a split second? Women will generally do that. Is it easy to make her laugh?

I wouldn't hesitate to make your feelings clear to her this time. She should know, but why leave any doubt? Towards the end of the date just tell her how you feel so she knows what kind of a relationship you're looking for (romance instead of friendship).

You should never feel embarrassed for having feelings for another person and if that person or anyone else ever makes fun of you for that, then they should be embarrassed.

Thanks fer the suggestions guys. Feel like i could take on the world~! LoL. kidding. but at least i know to take things step one at a time

Dude. Stop beating yourself up over the whole "hands holding" thing. You weren't doing anything "too fast" or whatever. She was just being shy. Stop reading into this like it was something horrible you did, and now you have to "make up" for it.

If THIS is making you feel awkward in a relationship situation, I hate to see what your first kiss is going to be like....

Just go with it and be cool. Don't even bring up the whole "Why didn't you want to hold my hands that night?"

Ignore the entire idea of "What kind of relationship I want" talk. You think holding her hand made her feel uncomfortable? Go ahead and tell her about how you are looking for a relationship, and good luck ever hearing from her again....

Dude, you are YOUNG. Just go out, have a good time, and enjoy her company. Relationships evolve by themselves. If you guys are "meant to be" in a relationship, you will be. No amount of buildup or ignorant ass talks about "what you want" are going to help you whatsoever.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Well you hit me on the right spot Cybog. I do think alot when i'm alone most of the times and this type of things get to me. I seem to think up worst situations and alot of "What if" questions. Though i think it isnt healthy myself. Heh. But what i'm gonna do is be myself and stop thinking of irrelevant stuffs. Thanks alot guys.

What race is she? Out of curiosity.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi
    What race is she? Out of curiosity.
    She's chinese Kiechi. Sorry for the late reply.

Nameless18, pulling your hand away does not mean you are rejected, I am chinese, believe me, maybe just the vibra is not right, hope you can stick to it.LOL

Lol. sunroad oes that go for all chinese? if so then i'm sort of relieved. Heh. Ok *updates!* Well the date got postponed cause she had something on. Called her a few days back and we talked about just anything. Just then the phone got disconnected and i tried calling her back and messaging her asking what happened. Well she didn't reply and i got kinda irritated.

I seem to be the one to always initiate the contacting part. When i don't contact her, she does the same. I'm not sure she's playing hard to get and if she's not interested she could have just said no when i asked her out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis
    Ann Coulter on dating (lol, I'd propose to her if I had half her brains or income...): if you make a date, and she has something going on 3 times in a row, you can forget it..
    Oh..
    My..
    God..

Tell me you are kidding about Ann Coulter! (Of course you MUST be.)

hahaha people actually threw things at her when she came to speak at unm. it was pretty funny. she's the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    she's the devil.
    Except the devil is more attractive. She looks like a horse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast