+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I in love?

Am I in love?

Hi everyone. I have this guy friend. We use to work together. It has been about three years since we have talked. We found each other on FB. We have always had this unspoken attraction towards each other. We use to work together so nothing was done about it and we are of different races. We live in a small town. He started texting me and I started texting him back. It turned into flirting (heavy flirtiing). We text each other at work and in the morning. Are we falling for each other? I think about him all the time. Dont know what to do?

You should turn this texting into actual meeting. One day spend together is better than month of texting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brand1992 View Post
    Hi everyone. I have this guy friend. We use to work together. It has been about three years since we have talked. We found each other on FB. We have always had this unspoken attraction towards each other. We use to work together so nothing was done about it and we are of different races. We live in a small town. He started texting me and I started texting him back. It turned into flirting (heavy flirtiing). We text each other at work and in the morning. Are we falling for each other? I think about him all the time. Dont know what to do?
    No, this isn't love. It's more of a lust-curiosity thing. I agree with the idea of spending actual time with him. Sort out once and for all if there's potential for the two of you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    You should turn this texting into actual meeting. One day spend together is better than month of texting.
    ^ Do this.

Brand1992

you are not in love. Texting is way way different than actually meeting. When you meet you can see the body language toward you, the eyes, movement, action.
    Imagine what realtionship you want. For example, you want to be treated like a treasure.

Texting says nothing.

You go on a date and see how you feel towards him, how he treats you, what you like, what his ACTIONS ARE.

Sorry, to give you some tough love, but you cannot be sure that he isn't texting with other girls or what his intentions are towards you. Texting is not hard at all. It just takes minutes and a good mood. Have fun with this.

Go on a date. Don't be surprised if he's not what you were waiting for, because this is JUST texting.

Oh, and think about this: why he hasn't asked you on date yet? Invitation to a date should come in a short time. If you just text all the time, the excitement can run out FAST without you never actually starting to date.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bearz View Post
    ^ Do this.
    ^ I second this. ^

It's extremely hard to fall in love with someone without being there in person. And with how short you've been talking again, I would say that it's not love yet... Notice the word yet, there...as in it has the potential if you meet in person.

Just don't fall victim to infatuation. Take things slow and see where they go.

Right now this is just a fantasy crush that's sucking you in. Real love takes time to develop, and it doesn't generally happen through electronic communication. If you're feeling this attracted to him, why not start meeting in person? Then you can see whether or not this can turn into something more.