+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Love and cheating

I had an abortion Little Fox

Michelle 23. He wanted her to have abortion, he hoped she would do it before he had to tell me, and I didn't see her, this is via telephone.......not that any of this matters. You're all right. I do deserve better. I thought I was being the best I could be with him though. I'm scared that its not good enough and no one can love me.

Thank you for all your comments they really help. X

Kim thats my point. He tried so hard to cover all this up so he could live a lie with you. Thats not love. If he really loved you he wouldnt have done it in the first place. Hes weak and you need a stronger man.

This is a horrible situation, he has shattered your confidence and you are probably still in denial because its too much to processand its a defence mechanism because you are not ready to deal with the pain but you have to. You have to accept what hes done and that this is no reflection on you. Its a reflection on him and dont let it make you feel like your not good enough. Your two good for him babe and you can do so much better.

You will bounce back from this. Hes not the right one and its better this happened now instead of five or ten years down the line when you have wasted even more time on him. It would have happened no matter what because hes one of those people who are emotionally immature and prefers to escape from reality into fantasy land instead of trying to deal with any problems in a healthy manner. He bailed on you when you needed him the most and that is a little boy who has a lot of growing up to do. You need a man xx

Kim, I know what you mean. I have the same fears. But, as people have pointed out here, do we really want the love of a person who puts us in these situations?
    “When you're young, you think it's going to be solved by love. But it never is. Being close-as close as you can get-to another person only makes it clear the impassable distance between you.”
    ― Nicole Krauss

Well best of wishes KimAsh, your post wasn't long BTW.

I think what matters is that the both of you are still together. Keeping focusing on your relationship, and keep each other happy. It's good to hear that you're still together.

Quote Originally Posted by amy37 View Post
    Well best of wishes KimAsh, your post wasn't long BTW.

I think what matters is that the both of you are still together. Keeping focusing on your relationship, and keep each other happy. It's good to hear that you're still together.
    ... *gets popcorn* ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    ... *gets popcorn* ...

Lol amy you have co-dependency issues. Please get some therapy before you become a doormat and let a man walk all over you.

Amy...you are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by KimAsh View Post
    I thought I was being the best I could be with him though. I'm scared that its not good enough and no one can love me.
    You sure you haven't overlooked several people who can love you? I find that to be the case with just about everyone who says this.

Thats fck up. So close to living in patradise yet still so far....

I understand how hard it is to almost fullfiling life long dream and then lost it all in a moment. Its like everyday realising that dream is sliping away, yet realising more and more everyday that it could have been a reality and you know excatly what needed to be done diferently. The fall is endless.

However after something like that the first realtionships can suck and you might not have confidence to think that you are good enought and even being loved have a doubt that someone really loves you. It will take time for sure to heal your selfesteem and love yourself after what you done to your life. Ofcourse you get abused too but still makes sense to take responsability for your own life.

What helps to forgive yourself is realizing that deep inside you basicaly are 3 year old kid who still learns and explores the world. And no matter what you done or what everyone else thinks about you, you still are loveable and deserve respect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12