+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Shit...

Shit...

Been through a fifth of whisky tonight, with a little bit of help from my wife. Not hammered, just pleasantly buzzed... which is worrying.

Again.

Crap... this worries me. My tolerance for alcohol is um... prodigious. Usually when it creeps back up to this, it's time to let it go for a while.

damn.

And yes, you folks that will tell me that it's time to let it go forever - you're probably right. But I won't.

So you get fueled and now you can post again. That explains why your posts differs so much.

If it's any help I used to drink. A LOT. Before my moment of thinking 'if I don't stop doing this I"m going to be dead' I spent my last week as a borderline alcoholic putting back at least a full bottle of whisky a day. I stopped drinking. My life is so much better.
    Booze can be very very dangerous. End of lecture.

Its not the alcohol that makes you drink its the other problems in life that makes it easier to choose escape the reality.

You're wrong in both posts in here.

I don't usually post when I've been drinking.

I don't drink to escape. I just like it too much. Time to stop for a while.

I'm having a nice glass of Pinot grigio. Awesome!

How many drinks do you get out of a Fifth, HIA? Is a "fifth" the same as what we cannucks refer to as a "Mickey?"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

A fifth is 750ml.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Its not the alcohol that makes you drink its the other problems in life that makes it easier to choose escape the reality.
    I'd agree with you if my alcohol of choice was unpleasant tasting. But it's not. I mostly drink Sem Sav Blanc or a Cab Sav or bubbly - not to escape, but because I like the taste.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Oh, okay. That's what we call a "26er"

I guess if you're drinking one of them everyday or what you are drinking is causing a negative impact on your life/work/relationship etc. Then you have a problem. If this is an ocassional thing and it's not negatively affecting your life, then is it really a problem?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

HIA, I try and work with a European attitude to wine instead of an American one. I feel far less guilty ;-)
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Oh, okay. That's what we call a "26er"

I guess if you're drinking one of them everyday or what you are drinking is causing a negative impact on your life/work/relationship etc. Then you have a problem. If this is an ocassional thing and it's not negatively affecting your life, then is it really a problem?
    Nah, I rarely drink that much.

I pretty much drink some beer on Sunday when I grill, and usually my wife and I like a tipple on our date nights. It just bugged me that I put down that much liquor and my tolerance level had gone up enough (again) that I wasn't smashed. Should've been.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    HIA, I try and work with a European attitude to wine instead of an American one. I feel far less guilty ;-)
    I was raised with one. Dad's 2nd generation Italian... had wine in my glass at dinner starting when I was five.

If this'd been wine I would've been less bothered about it, but this was 40% whisky.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Nah, I rarely drink that much.

I pretty much drink some beer on Sunday when I grill, and usually my wife and I like a tipple on our date nights. It just bugged me that I put down that much liquor and my tolerance level had gone up enough (again) that I wasn't smashed. Should've been.
    Enjoy your buzzz.