+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Right Perspective Makes All the Difference

meloveulongtime Guest

The Right Perspective Makes All the Difference

For the longest time, I was stuck on this guy who saw no potential in me. It wasnt that I was hoping for something to evolve from it but because I was in a comfortable position with him. I do love him, still til today, do. But Ive come to terms that the timing was off and although everything was perfect, I knew I wasnt what he wanted. He also confirmed and made it clear. It was hard and took me a long time to accept it but Im glad he was at the very least honest. I'm still trying to heal from the situation but slowly I am accepting it. What mattered to me in the end was knowing I tried to make it work, and now I can walk away with no regrets.

Took me awhile to accept everything but Lately ive been keeping myself busy. Ive also been keeping my eyes busy on this guy at work, let's call him Tyler. Great looking guy. Smart, tall, handsome. great dresser too. I've been asking around about him and heard a lot of good feed backs. So These last few weeks, to keep myself busy, Ive been plotting how I would strike a conversation with him again, get his attention of some sort and let him know Im interested. Maybe pursue something as well but at the very least, a friend at work would be nice.

Its funny how when I am interested in someone, my main focus is usually all on them that I have a tendency to not notice other things around me. Well anyway, today I was trying to recall an email on Outloock 2010 and walked over to ask our IT guy, lets call him Matt, if he could help me. Being the energetic me, I was like "Hey Matt!!!" with a smile, "Could you show me how to recall an email?" He quickly jumped up and seemed startled. Kinda nervous I could tell.

Matt said he had to quickly look at it first and would get back to me. I walked back not thinking anything. Shortly 3 minutes later, Matt walks back and was like, "I figured it out and can show you..."

Maybe its been a while since Ive made myself available to date but when I turned around, and caught eyes his pretty blue eyes, I had the weirdest tingly feeling in me. Butterflies? He instructed me and walked me through and showed me how to recall the email along with other options. (Now Matt is a pretty decent looking guy, thin, brown hair, blue eyes, no glasses, late 20's, tall... a little too tall for me )

After he left, I sat there thinking to myself... WOW, I never thought about it but since I started working at my new job, he's totally been engaging with me and Ive never noticed it. For example, my birthday was last month and as I was sitting in my desk staring at the monitor, he rolled around the corner and was like "Hey XXXX, Happy Birthday!" I smiled and said thank you. Ive also bumped into him multiple times and had small talks here and there. Note, he sits across the hall from me in a room but Ive never engaged much with him, maybe a few times when I was trying to set up my work station...

So my random tangent thought to this is... this whole time I was eyeing another guy, this guys was eyeing me... It's freakin crazy how having the right perspectives makes all the difference!?!?!?!

What do you guys think? Am I over thinking things? Its been a while since I dated again and am open to opinions and suggestions.
    Last edited by meloveulongtime; 06-04-13 at 06:36 AM.

i think you need to figure out, which person you have most interest in, and spend the time to get that person more.
    Since you work with them, you can make small talk, maybe spend lunch and see how the conversations go.
    You need to go with your gut feeling, which will make you happier in the end.

Get to know both of them. But keep your options open.

meloveulongtime Guest
    I agree. I had the weirdest feeling but a good feeling and just had to share.

it is good to have that feeling, it shows that you see potential in that person, and want to engage in something that turn into something else.

I like how chuck suggested it, make small talk with both again
    and then decide after a while which your think deserves you attention more.

No need to rush into it, since you work with them, there a plenty of opportunities,
    to make your move and take time off when needed.

meloveulongtime Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    it is good to have that feeling, it shows that you see potential in that person, and want to engage in something that turn into something else.

I like how chuck suggested it, make small talk with both again
    and then decide after a while which your think deserves you attention more.

No need to rush into it, since you work with them, there a plenty of opportunities,
    to make your move and take time off when needed.
    Thanks Krom. Appreciate the positive feed back. Im in no rush. Just a wonderful feeling. My next objective finding if the OTHER guy has a girlfriend. It's a touch subject to ask co-workers so Im waiting to feel it out. He is a good looking guys so Im a little hesitant. Matt on the other hand, I dont think he has a girlfriend if he''s been trying to create smalls talks with me. The OTHER guy's office buddy today did ask me out for lunch but I took my lunch before they did. Im hoping the OTHER guy will take lunch with them next time too so I have a little room for conversation.