+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he want more?

Does he want more?

I know this question has been asked many times in the history of humanity, but I have Asperger's syndrome and am having trouble with reading my friend.

I've known him since senior year in high school, but this year we've started communicating again through World of Warcraft (yes, we're nerds). We talk everyday and hang out with each other on the weekends. I stay at his house until the small hours of the morning, and then we part ways as my parents expect me home. We also go out to eat sometimes on our own. We talk about philosophy, and other random deep things. We know a lot about each other.

When I first came to his house, one of his sisters said, "Oh, you're ______. We've heard a lot about you." Both of his parents were very receptive and kind.

We play WoW as well when we're at his house. I sit on his bed while he is at his desk and has complained about feeling rude when he has his back to me. I tell him I don't mind, but sometimes he'll grab his laptop and sit next to me.

I feel very comfortable with him, and even graduated to taking a nap on his bed. I don't feel that he would ever take advantage of me.

He's been over at my house too, but I have him sit at my desk because my parents would freak out if he touched my bed.

Any comments or further questions would be greatly appreciated.

Approx, you're clearly very comfortable with each other. What do you WANT to happen? Are you happy being friends or do you want more?

How old are you? I ask because of your parents attitude to the bed..... I know they want to protect you, but if you're of age, you do have the right to a loving relationship.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'm pretty sure I want more. This is all new to me. I haven't been in a relationship before, and that fault lies with me. I do have trust issues, and it takes a lot for me to like a person.

I'm 20. My parents are a little overprotective.

I think if he's single and you want to be his girlfriend, you've got a good shot. Young nerdy guys tend to be attracted to smart girls who share their interests. The only way to know for sure, though, is to bring it up. It's possible he's wondering the same thing but is too shy to make a move. You either need to ask or do some heavy obvious flirting, whichever you prefer. The worst that will happen is that you find out he just likes you as a friend, and you're back where you started. You've got nothing to lose. Good luck.

Hi guys, this might be off the subject, but I have no choice but to ask for help. In fact I have been in the forum for almost two hours and still do not know how to post. Can anyone help me in this regard?
    Thanks in advance!

Lith, click on the forum you wish to post in. Then select the 'start new thread' button on the centre left of the page.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.